Ch. 22

Published on: 2/14/20

Happy Valentine's Day. I'm adding this today as a sorry for not posting in a while. Love you guys!

Words: 1,697

Raina POV

"Yes, Professor?" I asked Dumbledore as he came into my dorm. "I heard what happened. How are you?" he asked and I just smiled sadly "Heartbroken. My father was everything to me. He was good in my eyes and now...everything is wrong," I said as I sat down on my bed. "Well, I know everything will work out in the end. Just have a little faith in that," he said and handed me a paper. I thanked him and he left. I saw what was on it and noticed that it was the address to the Black family house and how to get in along with enchantment to be able to get in without being hurt. There was a letter as well and I saw that it was from Dumbledore.

Live here. It is the Black family house. It is safe and not even your mother will be able to find you here. You can keep Kronos there as well. I hope to see you doing well next year Miss Black. Until then
Love Dumbledore

I smiled and put the letter on my table so I would grab it in the morning. I heard a ringing coming from my communication lacrima and knew that Uncle Sirius got his package. I opened the screen and saw my uncle there looking crazy. "Who are you?" he asked me and I smiled "My name was Raina Malfoy. It will be Raina Black tomorrow night. I am the daughter of your cousin Narcissa Malfoy," I said and he scoffed. "And why would my niece try and contact me?" he asked not believing me "I gave up the Malfoy name and took my mother's maiden name. Dumbledore has permitted me to live in the Black family house but that is not why I wanted to talk to you," I said and this time he seemed interested "What do you want?" he asked and I sighed.

"Who framed you?" he was shocked "I heard about your story and why you were imprisoned but from the moment I read about your background I knew you were framed. I want to know who did it," I said and he smiled slightly "His name was Peter Pettigrew. A friend of mine when I was at Hogwarts. He cut off his finger and made everyone believe he died and that I killed him. He, just like James and I, is an animagus. He can transform into a rat, James was able to transform into a stag and me, a dog. There was one more, his name was Remus Lupin, he is a werewolf. Anyway, that damn rat framed me and he was the one that betrayed James and Lily and sold them out to Voldemort. The reason my godson, Harry, is an orphan is because that rat told Voldemort where they were," I nodded and then thought about something. Scabbers is oddly old to still be alive. "You said Peter could turn into a rat? Tell me, was he a light brown-furred rat that is always greedy for food and a coward even for normal rats?" I asked and he seemed shocked "Yes! Yes! That's him! Do you know where he is?" he asked me and I nodded "Oh yeah, alright. I know where he is and where he will be for the next year. He has become the pet of one of my friends' older brothers years ago. He was passed down to my friend and is still living. He is missing a toe too," I said and he nodded. "Kill him!" he yelled and I shook my head "Why don't I help you break out of there and you can kill him yourself," I said and he smiled. "That would work nicely," he said and I nodded. "Dementors can't see animals as clearly as humans so you could wait for your cell to be opened and break out of there. When you get far enough away, Winter will be able to guide you where you want to go," I said and he nodded. "Well, I have to go uncle. Keep the things with you and hidden since I will need them to contact you and no one can know I helped you," I said and disconnected the communication. I then went to the cafeteria since we were having our last dinner here before leaving for the train tomorrow. 

Once there I saw Hermione there and I hugged her tightly. I greeted everyone and sat down beside Harry. Dumbledore began to speak and everyone clapped when he said that exams have been canceled. Hermione was down about it but accepted it anyway. Hagrid then came through the doors and said he apologizes for the delay, Winter didn't allow the people in Azkaban touch her so it took a while for then to get the papers. Harry and I went up to hug him tightly. We all clapped for his return. Even Slytherins.

~The next day~

I was in my booth in the train on my own. Lucas came in and looked at me. I knew he had questions and I had to answer them. "Go ahead, sit, and ask your questions," I said and he did just that. "Were you going to tell me?" he asked, "About what?" "You changing your name," he said and I nodded "I was planning on doing it today when we got dropped off," I said and he nodded "Why did you do it?" he asked "Something my father did that I couldn't ignore anymore. What I did also terminates the agreement our fathers made. You don't have to hang around me anymore," I said turned away from him. "Do you think that I hanged around you because of an agreement that our parents made?" he shook his head and kneeled in front of me. "Raina, I hung around you because I wanted to. Our parent's agreement only gave me an excuse to do it, but I decided to get to know because I wanted to," he said and my eyes softened. I couldn't help myself and I pecked his lips and hugged him "Thank you," I said and he hugged me back. "You should go, Harry and the others are almost here," he nodded and left. After a few minutes, Harry, Ron, and Hermione came in and we all just sat and talked for a bit on what Hermione missed while she was petrified. 

When we reached the station, I took out my luggage and made my way out of the station. Before I could go though, I heard my mother calling me "Raina? Are you sure about this?" she asked me as he stood behind me. I turned around and hugged her "I am, mother. I'll be fine. I'll write every month and send my present to you guys but I can't go back. I love you mom," I said and pulled away. She then gave me two snake rings and a signed letter from Hogwarts. It says I'm allowed to go to Hogsmead next year. I smiled and continued to walk away from her. I made it past the magic wall and went to the address that Dumbledore gave me. Once there I said the magic words and went in. I cast the spell so I'd be allowed in and looked around the place. I went through all the rooms and the room I chose was on the third floor. It was huge and enough space for everything I would need. I took Kronos, Venom, Winter, and Jafar(the snake she saved in the dueling club) from the dragon realm and placed them in different places in my room. Suddenly a house-elf showed up in front of me "Who are you?" he asked "Raina Black. Daughter of Narcissa Malfoy," he nodded and bowed "Lady Black. New Lady of the House of Black, I am Kreacher, the house-elf of the Black Family," I nodded and let him go do what he wanted. I noticed that all the rooms around here were old and worn out and this place was evil so I sent magic to my hands and rose one up to the ceiling and let the other face the floor.

"I call to thee, pure witch's fire,
through vortex flow the heavenly mire.
Cleanse brackish aura of debris,
from dark to light, sweep history."

I said and the evil aura around the house disappeared and went to the underworld. I was happy now that I didn't feel my life being sucked out of me, it was time to rebuild this house. Again, I set one hand to the ceiling and one to the floor and I cast a spell.

"Personal loss should not be mine,
r
estore this house and make it fine."

I said and watched as the whole house became new again. I went into the kitchen and checked for things I needed. I made a whole list and went shopping. I had enough money for everything since the account dad made for me no longer exists and all the money in it has been transferred to my new one. I went shopping for many things: material, food, clothing, furniture, and utensils. I put everything in my pocket dimension so I wouldn't be carrying around heavy things. When I made it back home, I put three beds in all the guests' rooms, toilet needs in the three guest bathrooms, kitchen things in the cabinets, food in the refrigerator, my clothes in the closet, night desks and wardrobes in the rooms and my fabrics and metals in an empty room so I could make clothes and learn to make jewelry.

"Kreacher!" I yelled and waited for him to come here. "Yes, mistress?" he said and I turned around. "Kreacher, Call me Raina, I don't like mistress, and if I get any letters from the Ministry of Magic or Gringotts Bank, please send them straight to me," I said and he nodded "Very well, Lady Raina," he said and left. I sighed and started working on my summer homework.