Chapter 12 A Thousand Miles Under the Sea

"I have waited long enough for your offering, Othilda! You promised that you'd have it ready by the time the spring flowers bloomed... The buds opened many weeks ago and I've grown impatient. I will wait no longer...," Shadow growled from knee-deep in the ocean with a malicious expression in his eyes. He was roleplaying as the mighty Achelis: the god of the sea. His countenance was frightening and powerful, but you knew he was just playing.

"Mighty Achelis!" you cried as you fell to your hands and knees at his feet. "I'm sorry for letting you wait for so long, but your offering is not ready to go with you! We request more time!" The wailing from your lungs made you feel pathetic and worthless, but once again, it was only a game.

Shadow lifted your face so that your eyes locked with his. A calm expression replaced his anger as he gazed down at you. It looked as though... he had made up his mind. "If the offering you've chosen is not ready..., then I will choose who my offering shall be." With that, Shadow picked you up effortlessly into his arms and began to carry you into the ocean with him. Terror shot through the mind of Othilda, but your mind was overcome with impatience. Shadow wasn't stealing you away for himself fast enough! All you wanted was to be with him forever in his kingdom in the ocean... even if you drowned.

"NO! Don't take me! I won't survive with you under the ocean! Achelis!!" you cried as you kicked and shouted to get out of his intense clutches. How you so badly wished you could take Othilda's place and live with Shadow... If only...

The smirk that you had grown so fond of came back to his face. He leaned in close to you and savored every bit of your fake fear. "Then I'll have to carve gills into your neck!"

A distance away, Gilbert was digging a large pit in the sand with the hopes of finding the next chaos emerald inside. He was having absolutely no luck. Barrett was being a lazy tourist and was watching the scenery with a pair of binoculars. Okay, he wasn't watching the scenery at all. He was watching Shadow and (y/n) in hopes that he would see something juicy. And something juicy he did indeed see. While Gilbert was busy digging, Barrett turned to Gilbert inquisitively.

"Hey, Gil. I know this sounds like an odd question, but is Shadow a vampire?" he asked. Immediately after asking, he went back to his binoculars.

"Um... no?" Gilbert replied with a very worried and uncertain expression. He looked up at Barrett from within his pit. "Why?"

Barrett shrugged nonchalantly. "Oh, nothing. It's just that Shadow's totally ravenously biting (y/n)'s neck. No biggie."

A look of alarm overtook Gilbert's face and he jumped out of the pit. He snatched the binoculars from Barrett and pointed it in Shadow and (y/n)'s direction. Upon finding his intended target, Gilbert was in a state of perturbed silence and was frozen in place. Barrett had to wrestle the binoculars back into his hands.

"See? Vampire!" Barrett chirped as he went back to watching.

Gilbert blinked a few times and then shook his head. "I... don't want to deal with that. Why don't we pretend we never saw anything?"

Barrett was snickering and blushing as he watched the action. Gilbert could practically see the imaginary dog tail whipping back and forth across the sand behind Barrett. "You do that. I'll continue to enjoy the show~ I was waiting for hugs or snuggles or kisses or even french kisses, but this is better!"

"Pervert...," Gilbert mumbled irritatedly.

"Killjoy," Barrett shot back.

Shadow relinquished his fangs and the lustful look in his eyes burned into your skin. Not even that was enough to satisfy his thirsty desire. His "fangs" had actually only barely grazed the surface of your skin and didn't actually leave any permanent marks. There was no hurt or pain. Only pure, unbridled ecstasy and lust. Somehow, his one slick, passionate movement melted away all of the fear and uncertainty from all of the other times. His strong arms holding you so tight you couldn't move or escape drove you wild. The rushing emotions, the screaming instincts, the blazing warmth--! If only Shadow didn't have to relinquish you like he also relinquished his fangs.