Chapter Fourteen: Fade to Black

Severus's flat was in a period building on Queensferry Road, about ten minutes from Dean Village, and fifteen minutes from Wartsmoth. He usually only spent his summers there but, now that Harry was to be living with him, he had decided to take up permanent residence there. It was a three bedroom flat, with Severus utilizing the master suite with a walk-in closet and bathroom as his bedroom, while the other two rooms were used as a study and library, while the final one as a meditation room. There was a living room, dining room, kitchen, two other bathrooms, and a balcony off the living room, where one could sit out and watch the traffic go by if they had a mind to.

Harry was pleased when Ron agreed to get the twins, Lee, Bill, and Remus on board to help with the moving process, and, within three days of his birthday, he was living with Severus. Harry was currently standing by the window, looking out at the traffic; it was overcast that early August day, so sitting outside wasn't really appealing to him. Andressa, exhausted from scurrying about her new home, had fallen asleep on the couch, and was quiet, the slight trickle of rain that fell from the sky effectively putting her asleep. Ron, the twins, Lee, Bill, and Remus had just left after helping out with the final bits and bobs of Harry's belongings, and Severus had agreed to walk them out.

"Is it everything you ever imagined?" Severus asked, walking into the living room and putting his arms around Harry's waist.

Harry leaned back, arching himself slightly so that his head was positioned next to Severus's head, and he found he was perfectly at ease for their physical contact. "It's better," he said quietly, reveling in the sensations of Severus running his hands up and down his body. "We don't have to hide anymore. The Board of Governors won't come after you. I'm officially over eighteen-years-old. I'm no longer your student. Plus, Riddle and those cronies of his are locked away for the foreseeable future..."

"Are you all right?" Severus asked.

Harry sighed, gently pulling himself from Severus's embrace so as he could turn around and face him. "We're together, right?"

Severus smiled. "I consider you my partner, Harry. Of course we're together."

Harry felt his heart slamming in his chest at the words. "I... I wanted to ask you something."

"Ask me, then."

"How would you feel about coming to see Amelia with me?" Harry asked. "I know it's a lot to ask, but I don't want to hide you, from any aspect of my life."

"She knows?"

"She knows you as Stephen Silvers, a chemist who lives in Culross," Harry replied with a slight shrug of his shoulders. "We met at a pub a few times and I willingly and without coercion went back to yours."

Severus arched an eyebrow. "Did we engage in sex?"

Harry sighed. "I may have implied to her that I lose my virginity to you after it happened. I know that Amelia doesn't want me engaging in reckless behavior, but when I told her I was in love with you... I can't describe the look on her face."

"Horrified, was she?"

"More like relieved, especially when I told her that you were in love with me, too," Harry told him with a smile. "She... I saw her about a week before my birthday and she assumed that there was progression within the relationship. Naturally, I had no idea we'd be moving in together, but I told her that you and I were quite serious. Anyhow, she's told me that she would like to meet you, if you're amenable to it. If not, I'll drop the subject and let her know that you're not interested in—"

Severus stepped forward then, embracing Harry and meeting his lips. "Of course I want to meet Amelia, Harry," he told him quietly. "I love you. You mean everything to me, and now that we no longer have to hide, I don't have any desire to do so. I'll go to as many appointments that you want me to, Harry, provided that you want me there..."