Part 9

We found a house that was on the outskirts of the city and decided to stop there for the night. We made our way in and decided that two people would get a room. Hyungwon and I, Wonho and Irene, and Shownu and Jooheon. It was a good idea because there was a total of three bedrooms. We all made our separate ways and put our stuff on the floor. After that I made my way to the kitchen to look for any food. I found some cereal but that was about it. I guess someone was here before us. The rest of the day went by with nothing to do. I found some books and tried reading them but they just weren't that interesting. I went through a whole book shelf but didn't find any of them interesting enough to read. I skipped out on the books and went outside for a bit. The bugs were starting to come out but they didn't bother me much. 

*Graaaahhhhh* 

I jumped at the sound. It has been a while since I've heard that noise. I got up from my sitting position and walked towards the door. I opened it and was attacked by one of the infected. I screamed as it bit into my arm. Soon more groans were heard including rushed foot steps. I managed to push the infected off of me and grab a board that was by the door. I smashed it against its head and it fell to the ground. "(Y/n), are you okay?!" Hyungwon ran to me and I quickly hid the bite mark. I couldn't tell him what happened. At least not now. "Yeah, I'm fine." Then more groans could be heard. "We have to go." I rushed into the house and grabbed my stuff as I told the others we had to leave. I grabbed my jacket quickly putting that on and we ran out the back door. I don't know how long we ran but I couldn't do it anymore. I fell to the ground as my arm flamed up from the pain of the bite. 

Everyone else in the group stopped and looked at me as I started to cough. Blood came from my mouth and splattered onto the floor. "(Y/n), what's wrong?" Hyungwon kneeled in front of me. I couldn't bring myself to tell him exactly what happened. As tears filled my eyes I tightened my fists and quietly let out an apology. "What are you talking about?" I coughed up more blood and this time some got onto Hyungwon's jeans. I lifted up my sleeve that covered the bite and heard everyone else gasp. Blood oozed from the wound as a chunk of my arm was missing. Tears came out of my eyes like a waterfall. Hyungwon grabbed my arm and hoisted me onto my feet. "What are you doing?" Wonho asked. "I am not going to let her die." He put my good arm around his neck and picked me up bridal style. My vision started to get fuzzy. 

"But there's no point." He retaliated. Hyungwon didn't say anything and kept walking. "Hyungwon, please." I said softly. "Please, don't do this to yourself." He tripped and we fell to the ground. "Damn it!" He slammed his fist onto the ground as I laid motionless. "I'm sorry." I said as he crawled to me and lifted my upper body into his arms. We staid there as the others stood back, letting me and Hyungwon say goodbye. "I want you to know that this isn't your fault." I lifted my hand up to his face. He moved his hand to my face and held it gently. "I also want you to make it through this, for me." Tears made their way to both of our eyes, making my visions worse. "You were the best thing to ever happen to me." All of a sudden I couldn't see anything anymore but I wasn't dead yet. "I love you." That was the last thing to come from my mouth as I couldn't feel anything anymore. My body went limp and my hand fell from his face.

"I love you too."

THE END