Fate

Stan Uris woke up at 5:45am every day since he was in elementary school

Stan Uris woke up at 5:45am every day since he was in elementary school. While Stan was not a morning person, he very rarely slept in. When he sleeps in his schedule, internal clock, and OCD are always wonky and messed up, he feels more tired when he wakes up and he gets migraines. So, let's just say he did not like it.

So, when Stan woke up, exhausted with a pounding head, he thought something very characteristic of him.

Shit

He also realized it was a school day, so that was just great. He opened his eyes with great effort and noticed something very....strange next to him.

He saw the face of Richie Tozier next to him.

What the fuck?

Now this wouldn't be strange, Richie is one of his best friends it's only natural for them to have sleepovers, they all did. What was so puzzling was the fact, no, Richie didn't sleep over last night. So, what the hell was Richie doing drooling on the leather seat next to him?

Wait a second.....leather seat?!

Stan shot up, his drowsiness forgotten. He looked around the room frantically, wondering if he had been kidnapped, with Richie of all people, or if this was some weird fever dream.

His mouth dropped open when he saw what looked like the entire town of Derry, filed neatly into seats of what looked like the most luxurious movie theater in the world times ten.

He saw a few people starting to blink their eyes open, but a majority was already up and looking at everyone around them in panic and confusion.

He heard a small shuffle next to him and turned his head towards the noise, only to see the new kid, Ben, he thinks his name was. He also saw Beverly Marsh, a girl he would see around the school sometimes, groaning awake and making direct eye contact with him. He watched as her eyes widened and scanned over the room in panic, not unlike himself.

Beverly looked to him and leaned over and whispered, "What the hell is going on?!"

Stan was lost and showed it on his face, "I don't know! Where are we?"

Beverly looked at him as if he were stupid, "How the fuck would I know if you were awake before me?"

He stuttered for a moment before opening his mouth to answer, he was cut off by a groan coming from behind him. Both him and Beverly turned simultaneously to look at, what was apparently, Bill.

"Stan? What the f-fuck?" Bill questioned, his brows furrowed.

Stan slowly looked around, his fear dissipating. He finally decided to analyze the situation.

One thing Stan noticed was that it seemed like everyone was paired up strangely.

There were three sections of seats, on the side he was on, left, there were kids. The strange thing was they were not divided by families, they were divided by friend groups, such as the band geeks, the cheerleaders, the loners, and the losers.

The middle was where all the parents were, although some seemed to be missing. His own parents seeming to search for him between the sea of people.

The last section was perhaps the most strange. It seemed to be filled with both adults and children alike. He saw their faces and noticed how they seemed to be the most...risky people in Derry. The Bowers gang, the Creepy Pharmacist and his daughter, Greta, Mr. Marsh, Mrs. Kaspbrak, etc. Stan didn't know what he was expecting, he always knew she was a nightmare, but still.

Suddenly there was a loud bang, almost instantly Richie shot up almost knocking his large glasses off his face. "What the fuck!"

"Ugh, Richie shut up!" A voice said drowsily. "Wait a minute! Richie, what the fuck are you doing in my house, I swear to god!"

Richie grinned, "Your mom invited me over, didn't you hear? We eloped last night, Eds!"

"Richie, don't be a fucking dipshit! You are not funny-" Eddie cut himself off, finally noticing their little predicament. "Holy shit." He breathed softly.

The loud bang startled everyone again, causing nearly everyone to flinch back in fear. Suddenly, there was a girl that walked in the room, loudly talking on the phone and eating a large chocolate doughnut.

She let out a loud laugh, "I know what to do, this isn't my first rodeo! Yeah, I'm gonna fangirl so hard," she looked around the room chewing before her eyes widened, "Oh, shit, their up! Got to go, Darla." She quickly hung up the phone and shoved the last of the doughnut in her mouth.

"Hey, so, I know what you guys are wondering. "How did I get here", "Why are we here?" "What's going on?" but I will answer all of those questions in time. For now I'll give you the basics."

There was a large board giving out hand signals and the words she was saying. ASL, Stan realized. How that board was giving those signs was what he couldn't figure out. A projector of some sort?

"In simple terms, you are going to watch what happens in this town. You are also going to stop it. Now, some things will happen, secrets will be revealed," her eyes drifted over to their little section, "Future events that you will panic about, loved ones lost. This is all so we can stop these events, so don't panic for too long you will be completely fine." She glanced at the risky side of the room and scowled, "Well, some of you."

Stan glanced around him, finally making eye contact with Bill. Bill nodded reassuringly, glancing at the girl.

She grinned, "Okay, who's ready to get started?"