Who We Are

"So, I'm going to tell you something that might cause you to panic," She tried for a smile, "but I want you all to do your best to remain calm

"So, I'm going to tell you something that might cause you to panic," She tried for a smile, "but I want you all to do your best to remain calm."

Ben, having not said a word, leans over towards Beverly. "Why wouldn't we be calm?" He looked concerned.

Beverly looked at him, noticing how nervous he was to speak to her and smiled at him. "I'm sure it's nothing. If she wanted us hurt we would be," she paused thoughtfully, "right?"

The girl continued on stage. "Alright so I don't know how to break this to you," she paused, thinking about her words carefully, " Have any of you heard of String Theory?"

The science teachers, a select few adults, and Ben raised their hand.

"What the dick is String Theory?" Richie whispered to Eddie, although loudly considering he was as subtle as a pink elephant.

The girl turned towards him, her eyes widening. She quickly hid her smile and composed herself. Oh my god, OTP! Don't freak out, it's just your favorite characters, actors, and ship. It's fine! Get yourself together!

"I'm glad you asked! String theory is basically, the idea that there are endless universes where things are different. This theory was created sometime in the 1970s,"

Ben's brows furrowed, she said that like it was a super long time ago.

"So, when someone might be a hero in one universe, they could be a villain in another. I don't expect the younger crowd to understand but most of you get what I mean." She smiled, ready to get on with the show but knowing she had to explain.

She cleared her throat nervously, " Why I am telling you all this is because....well in my universe, you don't exist." She held up her hand, surprisingly stopping any yelling that might have happened, " You, well most of you, are famous actors. This is a fiction book where I'm from. I will tell all of you who is going to be staring the show."

Unknown to Derry, the girl's hand was pulsing a light glow behind her back, effectively silencing and calming everyone so they wouldn't have heart attacks. She needed to get through this without violence and yelling.

" I will state your name and you will stand, don't be shy," She smiled encouragingly, "Bill, Denbrough," Bill's eyes were the size of moons, his parents weren't much better.

"Ben Hanscom," Ben, previously relaxing in his seat, was a deer caught in headlights. His mother searched the crowd for him, panicked, before seeing him standing.

"Mike Hanlon" Mike was on the other side of Richie, the other completely unaware he was there until a few seconds ago. Mike's grandfather leaned back in his seat, he might be hard on the kid, but he loves him and doesn't want anything to happen to his boy, the only connection to Bill and Jessica he had left.

"Richie Tozier" Richie's eyes comically widened. His glasses enhancing his shock even more. Margret and Wentworth Tozier made eye contact with each other, they were concerned but they kind of expected it at this point. All they could do was pray he would be okay.

"Stan Uris" Stan sighed, why did he just know he was gonna be on the list. Donald and Andrea held on to each other for dear life. It was all they could really do, what would happen to their boy?

"Eddie Kaspbrak" Eddie let out a hiss, that sounding suspiciously like "shit". Eddie's mom was going to explode. Why on Earth would her Eddie-bear ever do anything to get put in harm's way?! He knows how fragile he is! Before she could, the girl's hand pulsed again, effectively silencing Mrs. Kaspbrak.

"Beverly Marsh" Beverly stood silently, doing significantly better than the rest. Alvin, well, we don't really care now do we?

"Henry Bowers" Henry looked disgusted at being paired into a group with them. The freaks and faggots of Derry. He thought disgusted, unknowing the girl was hearing his thoughts and clenching her fists in rage. His father slowly looked over and stared at him unnervingly.

The names continued on for a short while.

"Patrick Hockstetter", "Belch Huggins", "Vic Criss", and finally "Georgie Denbrough"

Bill immediately snapped to attention. Why was Georgie on this list?

"Alright, I'll show you all who your doppelgänger is in a few minutes after this all soaks in."

Authors Note: Sorry for using offensive slang, that can be very triggering to some people. I only use that sort of language to convey period typical homophobia and how messed up Henry is as a character. Although if you watched the movies or read the books it is unlikely for you to be triggered, I would like to apologize anyway so to clear things up. Anyway, sorry I take so long to write I would but I really just don't want to. 🙃😂 (I forget some people don't know I'm gay too, I re-read this and it slipped my mind 💀)