No pain, no gain

Mira's pov:

After finishing with the gifts we ended up buying the whole supply of toys from the shop. Not my fault, grandpa and I want these kids to have presents and the manager told us he would make us a deal if we buy more stuff.

"We can use some of these toys for the new playrooms from the hospital" I say and grandpa smiles.

"Good idea" he pats my head.

"Ok we need to hurry back or your grandma will probably kill me for not feeding you enough"

I laugh at that. Grandpa is used to be known around as this stoic and strict guy but back home he's just a big bear too in love with his wife.

"I think I lost some weight but not because of starvation, but the healthy diet"

"Yeah tell that to her before she wants to kill me"

"I'll try"

When I get back home I see that grandma has already prepared the lunch for us.

"Come eat Mira I already prepared the table"

After we finish eating and I help to clean the dishes it's time to tell them about my plan.

"Grandpa and Grandma can I ask you something?" I say and use my most powerful facial trait...the puppy eyes.

"You already did" grandpa says using his infamous dadjokes.

Grandma sighs and hits his shoulder.

"Yes dear?" She says

"It's been almost a year since I've been living here with you, I'm so grateful for this opportunity and the way you took me in with open arms"

"No need to thanks us you are our most precious sunshine" she says

"I love you too grandma, but I wanted to ask. Could my friends back from home come this Christmas? They heard about our annual Christmas celebration and wanted to help."

"Of course my dear, if you want they could stay with us"

"Oh no need, they say they would take a hotel room"

"Your 3 friends?" Grandpa says

"Yes, Pati, Daniel and Anna"

"Oh I want to meet my granddaughter best friends" grandma beams.

"Ok then it is settled" grandpa says and smiles at both of us.

Then we hear the cat jumping on the table. He starts to meow.

"I guess he approves as well" I say and they laugh.

"Mira I totally forgot could you go to the mall to buy some snacks for the hospital? Tomorrow is Diane's b-day and Me and the stuff wanted to surprise her." Grandpa says and I nod.

"Sure thing" and I go back in my room to change into some more basic and casual clothes.

I put on a pair of black leggings and an over sized yellow hoodie. I pop my airpods and start the music. When I arrive at the mall I check the note made by my grandma.

Some expensive chocolate and a Dior perfume. I stop the music from my phone to think better on what flowers to chose for Diane. She's a nice resident, I knew that she...

You are pretty enough to at least break a dozen hearts

I stop and listen to it, its the same sentence that Chris used today on me. The voice seems familiar,like I heard it before somewhere. Its really soothing and I like it.