Chapter 5

The boy in blue looked surprised at what I had just said.

"Does your mom know Scrooge McDuck?" he asked.

"Maybe," I said. "She was reading something on her phone. Then, she asked if I knew who Scrooge was. I told her I've never really heard of him."

The boy in green took out his phone and showed me a picture of Scrooge.

"He's my uncle," he said. "Well, great uncle."

"Dewford, time to go!" a voice called.

A lady walked up to us. She wore pearl earrings and a bright cheery yellow dress. Her expression, on the other hand, was not so cheery.

"Come on, Dewford," she said. "I only gave you 5 dollars, how long does it take to use it all?"

"Your name's Dewford?" the boy in green asked, snickering.

"I would like to be called Dewey," the boy in blue said harshly, giving his mom the evil eye.

"And your birth certificate says Dewford," the mom responded, picking up Dewey.

"Come on, I made new friends," he said, escaping from her grasp.

"Dewford Duck, this is no time for shenanigans."

"They're not shenanigans, I just...want to be normal for a day or two."

The mom looked like she was going to explode with rage.

"Fine, see if I let you back into the house when you return, young man," she snapped, stomping away.

Dewey walked away, too, but in a different direction. He looked really upset.

"Dewford, wait up," the boy in green called out, running after him.

I figured I had no choice in the matter, so I went after him, too.