iii.

CHAPTER THREE
[ the drug store ]

      "Richie wait here" Bill said once we were stopped in an alleyway

      "Richie wait here" Bill said once we were stopped in an alleyway. Bill, Stanley and Eddie started to run to the drugstore.

"Glad I could meet you before you died." Richie said to Ben. He just looked at Richie with a blank stare on his face.

"Don't say stuff like that Richie" I said.

"I'm sorry, I didn't realize my mom was going to be coming with me everywhere today." Richie said. I rolled my eyes and ran to join the others in the drug store.

When I walked inside, I saw Bill, Stanley, and Eddie looking at all the things they had in their hands.

"K-Kate" Bill stuttered. "Do you happen to have any money on you?"

I felt the pockets of my jeans. There was something in my front pocket. It was three bucks.

"This is all I got" I said.

"Are you serious?" Eddie asked.

"Sorry" I said.

"You're fine" Bill told me with a sympathetic smile. Then, all three of them were staring at something behind me. Out of curiosity, I turned to see what it was.

"Hey Beverly" I smiled.

"Hey" she nervously answered. I could tell she was hiding something behind her back but I couldn't tell what it was.

"You okay?" Bill asked.

"I'm fine." Beverly replied. "What's wrong with you?"

"None of your business" Stanley answered, which honestly made me want laugh but I'd didn't.

"There's a kid outside" Eddie answered. "Look's like someone killed him"

"We need some s-s-supplies but we don't have enough money." Bill said.

"Let me help you then. On my signal, run out" Beverly said after a short pause.

"Like without paying?" Eddie asked.

Beverly nodded. Eddie dramatically gasped. Thankfully, no one was paying attention to us.

"Make sure they don't screw this up" Beverly teased, looking over at me.

"You got it" I laughed.

We watched as Beverly went up to the counter and started talking to Mr Keane. The owner of the store.

"Guys this is stealing" Stanley said.

"Exactly we can't do this" Eddie added.

"Yes we c-can" Bill said. "We have to help B-B-Ben."

We stood their waiting for our signal. Beverly had gotten to let Mr Keane try his glasses on. When she went to go give it back to him, she knocked over some of the things he had setting on the counter.