viii.

CHAPTER EIGHT
[ the argument ]

Bill and Richie helped Eddie out of the house, as the rest of us rushed to our bikes

Bill and Richie helped Eddie out of the house, as the rest of us rushed to our bikes. Mike picked up Eddie and sat him in the basket of his bike. Eddie held his arm, groaning in pain. We all were terrified after seeing what had just happened.

As we rode our bikes, we went through Eddie's neighborhood. That's where his mom was waiting for us. Once we saw her, we stopped. She looked at Eddie in the basket, not noticing his arm yet.

"Do you have any idea how unsafe it is for him to be riding in that?" She questioned, rushing over to get Eddie out of the basket.

A soon as she saw Eddie's arm she let out a horrific scream. "What happened you my precious baby boy?"

Mike helped Eddie out of the basket. Mrs Kaspbrak grabbed his arm that wasn't hurt and dragged him along with her.

"You!" She pointed at all of us "You did this! You know how delicate he is."

She pushed passed us to her car. Opening the passenger door, she forced Eddie to sit in the seat.

"We were attached M-M-Mrs K" Bill tried to explain.

"Don't!" she yelled. "Don't try and blame anyone else"

Mrs Kaspbrak shut the passenger door once Eddie was inside. Then, she dropped her keys.

"Here let me-" Beverly began, going to pick up the keys for Eddie's mom.

"Get back!" Mrs Kapbrak yelled, then picked up her keys. As she stood back up, she looked at Beverly judgmentally. "Oh, I've heard of you, Miss Marsh. I don't want a dirty girl like you touching my son."

"Maybe she's not the one we should be protecting Eddie from" I spoke up.

Mrs K then turned her attention towards me. "What was that Miss Rowland?"

"Oh, you know, maybe it's his psychotic mom we should be keeping him away from." I shrugged. It wasn't the best thing to say at the time but it needed to be said. It only infuriated her more. Thankfully, I stopped myself from saying anything else.

"Mrs K, I s-s-" Bill began quickly.

"No!" She yelled, pointing directly at Bill. "You are all monsters! All of you! And Eddie is done with you, do hear me? Done!"

Mrs K turned her back to us and walked to the drivers side of the car, opened the door and got inside. Inside the car, we could see a look of pure sadness on Eddie's face at the thought of no longer being able to hang out with his friends. He also seemed slightly embarrassed about how his mom was acting. I wish we could help him. We stepped onto the street, watching them drive off.

"I saw the well" Bill said turning to us. "W-we know where it is, an-and next we'll be better prepared."

"No!" Stanley yelled. "No next time Bill! You're insane!"