The Devil Returns - Chapter 2

Sorry for the late edit, hope you enjoy :)
________________________________

"Yes, it's me, Detective, your very own Devil has returned, and don't you look ravishing today Detective? Is that my shirt?" Lucifer smirked being his normal flirtatious self as always.

Chloe leapt out of the bed and swept her arms around him tightly however she quickly pulled away. "Don't you ever do that again! Don't leave me like that Lucifer! That was not fair!  You hurt me you– you bastard don't do that to me!" Chloe was relieved to see Lucifer, after all, she loved him, yet out of nowhere came this wave of rage towards the Devil. "You said you wanted to protect me! but you broke me! You stupid stupid Devil! She yelled as water streamed out of her eyes.

Then she slapped him.

"Well, come now Detective, sure I deserved that," Lucifer whispered. "But I'm not leaving anymore Detec– Chloe. I'm here, with you, right where I'm supposed to be."

"Promise me!! Promise me you won't leave me like that again!"

"I thought by now you'd know I never lie, Detective, especially to you."

She did know that, but she was just so afraid of losing him again. He meant everything to her.

"I know, Lucifer, I know," Chloe said hugging Lucifer tighter as tears continued to streak down her face. "I love you."

"Well of course you do, what's not to love?" Lucifer smiled, "I love you too Chloe," The words came out of Lucifer's mouth so easily.

At the sound of her name, a tingling sensation flowed through her body. It was just her name yet the way he said it made her feel things, feel good, loved. Chloe smiled and stared into Lucifer's dark eyes.

"Wait a minute... Lucifer!" Chloe's eyes widened with fear as she made a realisation, "If you're here, and you said you're staying... WHAT ABOUT THE DEMONS?"

"Oh yeah about that, forgot to tell you, Azrael, my sister, she's taking reign for a while."

"That seems like rather important information to leave out!"

"Ah yes, sorry about that Detective... Now, where were we?"

"You were just telling about how ravishing I look in your shirt and I was slapping you in the face," Chloe laughed despite the hurt she was recovering from.

"Well then, I notice that you aren't at the precinct today so I assume you aren't going into work..."

"What are you suggesting Lucifer...?" Chloe smiled.

"Oh, I don't know Detective, you love me and I love you, why don't we order up some breakfast and have a nice day, what do you think? It has been a veeryyyyy long time."

"Lucifer I know it feels like an eternity but you realise it's only been a day since you, uh, left..." Chloe said, her voice faltering.

"Ah well, Hell time works much differently Detective, and I can assure you, I was there for a very very long time."

"Mmhm, I'm sure you'll tell me all about it at breakfast..." Chloe smiled and Lucifer smirked in response.

"Sounds like a plan."

***

After all the pain and heartbreak Chloe had experienced the night before, she was glad to be relaxing and spending time with the man (well devil), that she loved, however, it didn't feel quite right, everything was so normal that it was like nothing had happened. There was some massive unaddressed tension in the room regarding the incident. Chloe didn't want to bring it up, she knew it hurt both of them deeply, but he couldn't just walk straight back into her life the next day as if nothing had happened. To be fair that was exactly what Lucifer had done several times in the past, namely the time he left to Vegas only to return with Candy, his wife.

"Look, Lucifer, um well, you really hurt me you know." Chloe finally managed to say without breaking down.
Lucifer's eyebrows tightened and a worried look appeared on his face as he studied her trying to decipher a hidden message. Lucifer had left for her. He knew it would hurt her just like it hurt him when he left, but it had been only a day for her which was nothing compared to the eternity in Hell that he had to experience. He felt terrible of course but she knew he had to leave.

"I- I'm sorry Detective," Lucifer said looking down. Chloe noticed that he made no attempt to call her by her real name. All the walls he had momentarily taken down for her had been put straight back up and Chloe didn't know what to make of that. She wanted him to know that he could show her how he felt, always.

"I know Lucifer, it's just scary, you just left. How do I know you won't do that again? I know you say you won't but it's not about you lying, how do you know you won't have to leave again. I can't lose you again Luci."
Lucifer was taken aback by the name Luci. Amenadiel and several of his other siblings often called him that but never her. He decided he liked it when she called him that. It made him feel special and once again his walls he put up to protect himself came crumbling down and he looked at Chloe lovingly, his eyes softly staring at her.

"You're right Chloe. I don't know if I'll have to go. I don't know what dear old dad has planned. But I know that no matter what I'll always come back for you. Chloe I have never loved before you. I love you and I will always find my way back to you. I know being the Devil has its downfalls her on earth, but can't you pay more attention to my other more spectacular features? Such as my devilish charm? Lucifer smirked returning to his normal self after the heartfelt words he just said.

"Yes I suppose there are some qualities about you that I should focus on instead, such as your arrogance." Chloe said jokingly. "And of course you are incredibly hot." Chloe giggles like a high school girl.

"Well what can I say, Hell is incredibly hot, so it makes sense that I am too," Lucifer joined in picking Chloe up and carrying her onto his red couch.

"Hey!! Put me downnnn," Chloe squealed. Lucifer obliged and plopped her down on his lap. Teasingly she tickled her all over as she squealed and giggled.

"I really love you Lucifer," Chloe whispered.
"And I, you Chloe." Lucifer said gazing into the beauty that was Chloe. He smiled, not in his usual flirty way but sincerely, thinking about how wonderful this woman in front of him was.
As always the moment was once again interrupted by the ding of the elevator. "That'll be the food," Lucifer said lifting Chloe off him so he could stand up.

"Chloe? Lucifer?" The voice from the elevator spoke.

"Oh you have got to be kidding me," Lucifer said rolling his eyes.

"Dan? What are you doing here?" Chloe asked.

"Well when you didn't answer my calls and said you were sick. I thought I would check up on you. When I didn't find you at home I came here. So what in God's name are you doing here with him?" Dan asked, disgustedly.

"Oh come on don't bring Dad into this." Lucifer shook his head.

"A lot has happened that you don't understand Dan. I'm fine okay I'll come to work if you need me."

"You'll be doing no such thing!" Lucifer cried.

"You don't get to tell my wife what to do Lucifer!"

"Ex-wife Dan, seriously have you forgotten that you were seeing Charlotte and having a thing with Ella."

"Wait you knew about that?"

"Well it was kind of obvious."

"Ugh whatever man, just leave Chloe alone, she doesn't need you hanging around her."

"Well excuse me Dan I know you have your issues with Lucifer but just as he said I'm your ex-wife, and you also, do not get to tell me what I need and don't need. So if you don't mind, I will see you at the precinct."

"You're going?!" Lucifer complained.

"Aren't you coming? I do after all need my partner." Chloe smiled.

"Of course Detective, team Deckerstar is back!"