Eternity Together - Chapter 5

When Lucifer came out from his shower, dressed in his fine black suit and a blue shirt, Chloe still remained lying on the bed covered only by the black silk sheets. 

"Come now Detective, we have places to be, people to, well interrogate!" Lucifer announced to the exhausted Chloe.

Chloe groaned. "Just give me a minute."

"You've had plenty of minutes, love, come now or we'll be late, it's almost 10!"

That got Chloe's attention. She practically jumped out of the bed and raced to find her clothes.

"Shit. Shit! Lucifer!!! Why didn't you tell me!" 

"I mean, staying in bed was your idea, Detective," Lucifer smirked. He was so in love with the beautiful woman in front of him scrambling around the room like a manic. He chuckled just watching her. 

"Lucifer! This is not funny! I'm going to be late!" Chloe almost screamed.

"Hush now dear, it's okay," The Devil assured. "Come now, let's go," He said when Chloe had finally gathered her things. Chloe practically ran to the elevator, dragging Lucifer by the arm. 

"How do I look?" The detective asked when they stepped out of the elevator.

Lucifer looked the detective up and down. Her hair was a complete pigsty and her collar of her shirt was not done up properly. Lucifer stared at her in awe, loving every inch of her.

"You look beautiful," He smiled. And he meant it, for the Devil never lies.

By the time they arrived at work in the corvette, it was already 10.30. Everyone in the precinct was already busy at work and wouldn't have noticed their entry if it weren't for, well, Lucifer's existence. As soon as he entered the building, both women and men dropped what they were doing and stared at him lustfully. Several came up to him and began flirting with him. Chloe watched and had to resist not punching a few in the face. 

"Right, how do I turn this thing off," Lucifer remarked.

Chloe just laughed, any jealousy she had just left her. She knew he was a good man, well Devil rather. 

"I love you," Lucifer smiled, bringing the detective in for a kiss.

"I love you too, but Lucifer, we are at work!" Chloe replied, pulling away.

"And?" Lucifer smirked. "I want everyone to know that I am yours, and only yours."

Chloe looked at Lucifer with complete adoration. "I really love you," She said, kissing him once more.

"Oh hey, guys, sorry to interrupt your er moment but uh, we have Philip Williams in the interrogation room, he's Jamie Williams' cousin. He was caught on surveillance cameras fleeing the crime scene." Ella said when she saw the duo. "Okay now, unrelated but seriously, FINALLY!! I can't wait for you guys to have the cutest Deckerstar babies." Ella said enthusiastically as the duo blushed and avoided eye contact. 

"Ah, yes, well– er–" Lucifer, for one of the first times in his life was, at loss for words. 

"I think we will interrogate that suspect now..." Chloe said, dragging Lucifer towards the room, her face almost as red a tomato.

+++

When they had finally wrapped up for the day, Lucifer and Chloe drove back to the penthouse, although Chloe said she was fine to go home, Lucifer told her that after everything they had faced, he was never letting her go ever again. 

They held hands as they walked inside the club. Lucifer chucking his keys to the Valet with his free hand. The Valet proceeded in giving Lucifer and Chloe a weird look, for he was not used to seeing Lucifer in a, well normal relationship. 

They made their way to the elevator and as soon the door shut Lucifer stared the Detective in the eyes and smiled. 

"What?" Chloe asked

"I was just thinking about how much I love you," Lucifer replied, taking Chloe's hand and pulling her inside the Penthouse. The penthouse floor was covered in rose petals, and a candlelit table was in the middle of the room. Lucifer lifted two cloches, revealing the Detective's favourite dinner; two grilled cheese toasties. 

"Lucifer... it's beautiful" Chloe smiled as tears of joy pooled at her eyes.

"Chloe, I love you, and I regret so much about how our, history has gone. I want to tell you everything, no secrets. I should have told you how I felt sooner, because the truth is, well, I love you. I love you more than I have ever loved anyone. I want to be everything you want me to be. I want to make you happy and I want to make Trixie happy..." Lucifer knelt on one knee. "For the rest of your lives. Detective, Chloe, will you marry me?" He said holding a very beautiful diamond ring. 

"Yes, Yes of course Lucifer!" Chloe smiled, the tears now spilling down her face. "I love you so much."