Team Deckerstar - Chapter 3

The duo met back at the precinct moments later after the Devil decided he wanted to drive his car and be extra like always which caused a small squabble and wasted a few minutes of their time. Dan was already there when they finally arrived and unwilling filled both Chloe and Lucifer in on the new case. 

"The victim's name was Jamie Williams, he was stabbed what appears to be ten times in the chest and it appears it was a large knife of some sort, we are still waiting on the forensic report from Ella," Dan said looking at Chloe as if Lucifer didn't exist.

"Seems like something personal caused this, I don't think many people would stab someone that many times just for the Hell of it, they must have really hated this person. Have someone collect a list and interview the people close to the victim." Chloe said professionally.

Lucifer stared at her in adoration. She was just as he remembered. Perfect. Lucifer loved how engrossed Chloe was in her work and he felt a smile creep across his face as he gazed lovingly into her blue eyes. He had been gone for much longer than she had realised and he missed her so much in his time in Hell. Although for Chloe it had been just a day and the precinct would have had no clue that he had even left, for him it had been almost a year. A year. Time moved a lot slower in hell so a minute of earth time was actually a very long time in Hell. He had faced so much in his time in hell with the demons and Chloe knew so little. Lucifer loved Chloe so much and the time he spent away from her was the most awful experience of his life.

Lucifer's thoughts were interrupted when Chloe started talking to him.

"We have never had a date that ended. They always get interrupted somehow!" Chloe said with a joking smile. 

"Yes, it's getting quite annoying," Lucifer agreed.

"Next time let's change that, but in the meantime, we have a murderer to catch," Chloe said turning away and putting a hand on Lucifer's shoulder as she did so. She could swear he had flinched. She wanted to say something but she didn't know what. His expression was unchanged as if nothing had happened.

"What is it, Detective?" Lucifer asked his smile faltering as Chloe stared worriedly into his eyes, tilting his head in confusion.

"Oh nothing, I just, I don't know, nevermind, let's go." 

"Detective, after this how about you accompany me to Lux?"

"Yeah that sounds good," Chloe said plastering a smile on her face to hide the worry she was feeling for Lucifer.

***

It was only 5 but the team seemed to have completed enough work for the day. They had interviewed every one of the people they thought to be closely related or friendly with the deceased. Even with Lucifer's mojo powers, they were unable to turn up any leads and so decided it was best to return with a fresh mind the next morning. Lucifer was pleased with this outcome as it meant he could take his detective home for a hopefully finishable date.

Lucifer and Chloe walked to the car park, their arms brushing together as they went. Lucifer, being the gentleman as always, opened the car door for Chloe before proceeding to go around and get into the corvette himself. 

As they drove they talked little but Lucifer didn't mind. He found it difficult to keep his eyes from drifting off the road to look at his beautiful detective. 

"What?" Chloe asked.

"Hm?"

"You keep staring at me."

"Ah well, I am finding it difficult to keep my eyes off you detective. I've missed you so very much."

"You too Lucifer, but it really has been only a day."