04

Beeping, constant beeping, the beating of a heart, the touch of rough and ruined skin. Poetic and sentimental. God knows what I have done is wrong, yet I don't know what he decided for me. If God knows no pain, why has he allowed my to feel it again?

The risk was my choice to make, wherever I ended up. but I don't know what to do. I'm afraid that if I open my eyes, I'll scare myself, not seeing what I want to, and I'm also scared that if I don't, I'm going to miss out. The risks and ruins.

Well, I could probably keep my eyes closed forever, that is, until I hear a voice.

"What if she's in a coma?" The voice is unfamiliar, and unclear, but I don't want to have to try, that's why I died.. right?
"She's not in a coma we've checked." A lady says, her voice is much higher then the other person's, and she sounds worried.

"What about brain damage or fatal injury?" Another unknown voice asks.
"I don't know what to tell you, Mr. Lubell, Mr. Evans, she's fine, she's most likely just sleeping." The lady says.

What? I'm not dead? My risks and hard days, my pain isn't over? I though God has gifted me death, that I had moved on from the hellhole that is my life. But apparently, his gifts to me are sent from the devil.

"She needs to rest, so you two need to leave her be, she'll be fine, okay?" The lady says.

"Alright, fine." One of the guys says.
As I hear the door close I shoot up, on to get a severe pain I my back and a burning that feels worse then a hot iron. I look down at the clothes I wear and my surroundings. I'm in a room, but the bed looks like one from a hospital, and all the machines are there two. I have a bunch of tubes on my scared arms, the ugly things everywhere. The door opens, causing my head to whirl towards it. My eyes fall soft at the sight of a little girl.

She smiles widely at me and she closes the door, walking up the bed and jumping up on it.

"Hi." She says joyfully.

"Hi sweetie, what's your name?" I ask her, tickling her stomach slightly, causing her to burst out in giggles.

"My names Livianna, but all the boys call me Livy." She says.

"All the boys?" I ask her, trying to keep myself calm.

"Ya, all my brothers." She says.

"Your brothers?" I ask her.

"Well, they aren't my real brothers, but they all act like my brothers." She says.
"How old are you cupcake?" I ask her, bopping her noise.

"I'm five years old." She says, hold up four fingers.

"Well aren't you just the cutest." I smile at her and she smiles at me.

"Wha-what can I call you?" she asks me, hiccuping in the beginning of her sentence.

"How about you call me..." I say thinking of a good name for her to call me. "I don't know, what do I look like to you?"

"Can I call you My Dove?" She asks me, causing a smile to come across my face.

"Yeah? Do I look like a dove?" I ask her, causing her to smile widely and shake her head no.

"No, your my dove because your an angel, and doves remind me of angels." She says and my heart swells. "Do you want some food?" She asks me, her eyes sparking slightly.

"Do you?" I ask her, and she nods her head eagerly.

"Okay, but do you know where I can get some clothes to change into?" She smiles even more and jumps off my bed. I unhook myself from all the machines easily, considering my mom was a doctor. I walk over to where Livy is trying to open something. It's a box.
I smile at her as I bend down next to her, and help her open it. "Do you want to pick my outfit?" I ask her, and her eyes light up like a sunrise.

She pulls out a black lace bra, and when I put it on, its a little small for me. So, my boob hang out... like a lot. She then gives my hot pink neon lace underwear that is skinny on the ass, and says pink above the butt, so I put it on just for this little girl. She comes back with some grey sweat pants that say 'PINK' down the leg, and a dark grey tank top. My final look is okay, the sweat pants slightly baggy, and the tank top tight on my anorexic body.

"Alright, let's go get you some food." I said, smiling at her.

As we walked out, she glanced back at me, and her hand wrapped tightly around my pointer finger. I almost swooned at the adorableness of this child. I could hear things happening through out the house, yet I had no idea where they were happening.

"Hey cupcake?" I ask asked her quietly.

"Hmm?" she asks me back, acknowledging that she had heard me.

"Where are all your brothers?" I asked her. I need to know if they were the ones who saved me.

"Their outside, their all pretty anxious to see you." She says, surprising me with her extended vocabulary.

"Well do you mind taking me to them before we get some food?" I ask her, and she nods her head.

She pulls me along, towards some basketball courts. When we get there, she asks me to be picked up, and I do so, resting her on my hip.

"Max! Zac!" She says as loudly as she can. They both turn their heads towards us, Max dropping his basketball and running towards up, Zac following behind quickly.

"Oh my god Livy, did you wake her up?" The guy, Zac, yells at her.

I grab her face and pull her into my chest, hiding her from the rest of the world. "What the hell is wrong with you?! Why are you yelling at her?!" I Fire back at him.

He stays silent, not sure how to respond. I set Livy down and tell her to go inside and make herself something to eat, that I'd be there shortly.

"Are you okay?" Max asks me.

"W-Why did you guys save me?"