Here comes the Claus

It was a lovely day outside and just like any other boy his age (so like 12-14 or somethin) Claus was on a bus to who-knows-what town. All alone.Without his parents or his brother.Just a little boy on his way to a hostel where he can spend his summer. Completely normal.

"Next stop: The bus stop right in front of the hostel.... yeah... have fun there! Or something....?"

When the announcement was over Claus took his suitcase and went to the door. As he was waiting for the next stop to come he tried to chat a little with the bus driver.

"Sooo...nice weather today, isn't it?"

"hm."

"Not a big talker, huh?"

"mh.."

After this not so successful attempt of a conversation Claus just waited in silence till he arrived at his destination. After a few minutes the bus finally stopped. Claus mumbled a small 'goodbye' to the bus driver and walked out of the bus. He continued to walk into the hostel. 

There was already someone at the reception so Claus took a seat in one of the chairs at the bar and looked a little around the lobby. There were a group of other children sitting in those armchairs behind him. Claus assumed this was a class trip or something so that lady talking to the receptionist is probably the teacher.Next to her was a pillar with a sign on it: 

                                              'July 22nd - from 11 pm to 12 pm Happy Hour'

'October 20th to 31st every night Halloween Party'

#thishostelisreallycoolbecauseituseshashtags

etc. etc. Next to him sat a boy (around his age) all alone reading a book. He wore a pair of round glasses and a black trenchcoat. Claus was getting kind of bored from having to wait for such a long time so he decided to try this conversation thing again.

"Hi!" Claus said as he waved at his new seatmate.

The boy looked up from his book kind of confused. "Um...Hello?"

"My name is Claus.I'm here on vacation. What about you?"

"I am Dib Membrane and I'm here on a skool trip.." 

Claus gave him a curious look "You don't seem very happy about that school trip."

"Well, I don't have time for something like this! While I'm here the entire earth could be...you probably wouldn't believe me anyway." Dib said, kind of mumbling that last part to himself, but still loud enough for Claus to hear.

They continued to chat about all possible topics like weather;their homes;family;what they like to do;paranormal activities etc. They were just talking about how it doesn't make any sense at all that an underage boy is on vacation all on his own as some breaking news on the little TV at the wall in front of them caught their attention.

"Hello I am Reiner Muell and here's some major breaking News!It looks like a massive flock of Insects appeared out of nowhere and is now attacking mankind to eat all of their....cookies? You guys serious?  Cookie eating insects? Wait..really?!  Uuuhh... exceptionally we're not reporting about fake news this time. Those insects are real!And there's nothing we can do to stop them! They seem to be heading to (the town where two of our heroes are at right as you're reading this) right now! There's no hope! Eat your children as long as you can and bring your cookies inside! We're all doomed! There's no way anything can bake enough cookies for insects and humans to live in peace!I don't want to live in world without cookies!We're all gonna die! This was Reiner Muell and this was maybe my last time on F A K E News. Ohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgod here they come! This is the e-" The signal was cut off at the end. 

Claus didn't know what think of this,but what he did know is that  he had to do something about this. Without putting another thought to it he stood up and ran outside. But what would he do? What could he do? Before he could even think about what to do,he knew whatever he would come up with it was too late, for you could already hear a faint buzzing in the distance.