Chapter 9

You went back into the cabin, rolling your eyes. Tortuga? No one knows where that is. At least, the Royal Navy didn't. And how were you supposed to get there with a compass that didn't point north? You sat down at the desk and scrounging around, found some stationary. With the quill and inkwell that were next to it, you started to write:

Dear  Commodore Norrington,

I am on my way to an island named Tortuga with Will and Jack. I do not trust Mr. Sparrow and if I do not return, I trust you will know what happened. And if he makes it back and I do not, everything I own will got to Will. If he does not either, it will go to you, but do not use it selfishly. I apologise for any rash actions I may have performed at the docks, but you should know by now that my heart will always remain with Will. I will put him first every time, even if it kills me. I hope you know that.

Your cousin,
Y/n.

Little did you know, it would.

You folded the letter, once dry, into quarters and slipped it into an envelope. You hid it in the pile of your dress and left once more, and this time (luckily), Will wasn't dangling from a pole over the ocean. Instead, he was next to Jack by the wheel. "You see that rope over there?" Will nodded, his hair blowing in front of his face thanks to the wind. You had to admit, he was one of the cutest guys in Port Royal. And although he was sought after by all the girls in the harbor, he always remained loyal to you, minus the time you caught him making out with Elizabeth. You could swear that girl was playing at something, but you couldn't put your finger on what it was. "Pull that rope in twenty seconds, and do it hard, so the sails will come down."
Will ran to the rope, his lips moving, counting the seconds as they went by. He pulled on the rope, faltering for a split second at how hard it was to actually pull, and his face contorted into an expression of distress. You ran over and helped him pull as the sails slowly lowered. Meanwhile, Jack was rolling his eyes and yelled, "Have you never sailed a ship before?" This was going to be a long ride. You placed your bets in your mind for which one of them would snap first.