Chapter 18

Will's POV:

I ran, hand in hand with Elizabeth, to one of the rowboats as the voices in the cave grew silent. That's not a good sign. Did they notice she was gone?  Picking up the pace, I helped Elizabeth into the boat as she kissed me again. I pushed it away from the shore as I paddled us out of the cave. What about Y/n?  The little voice in my head said. You told her you loved her. You left her. Go back for her. They may have already killed her.

Waving away my thoughts, I focused my gaze forward as we neared the Interceptor. Gibbs looked over the railing at us, calling out, "They're back! Throw down a ladder!" Sure enough, another rope ladder was tossed over the side as we reached the ship. I helped Elizabeth up first. I came up shortly after her, met by a grim faced Gibbs. "What about Y/n? Jack?" His face fell as I made eye contact. I pulled my eyes away.
"Fell behind."

I was lying. I left them behind.

I walked to the rail once more as I heard the chain of the anchor being pulled up. The sound cut through the silence like a blade through cloth, the scraping of metal on metal making my ears ring. Was she alright? Would I ever see her again?

Does she even want to see me again?

I noticed Elizabeth's hand was still bleeding as the ship pulled away from the Island of the Dead, through the shipwrecks once more. I grabbed Elizabeth's elbow, gently guiding her below deck. I sat her down at a table and grabbed some bandages as she said, "It was very brave of you to rescue me, Mr. Turner." She flirtatiously bit her bottom lip. I walked over to the opposing chair and sat down. She held out her hand and I began to wrap it. "Ow." She said, flinching slightly at my touch.
"Sorry, blacksmith's hands." I replied apologetically. I stopped wrapping as I remembered the gold amulet around her neck.
"Don't stop." She said, biting her lip once more.
"So," I said uncomfortably, "Your blood didn't lift the curse." Was it getting hotter in there, or was it just me?

"No."
"So... who's blood do they need then?"
"Yours." She said as if it was the most normal thing on the planet. Stunned, I stopped wrapping her hand. 
"Mine?! Why?"
"Well, I guess, technically not yours. But they need the blood of your father. And because he's dead..."
"But if they needed my blood, how did you of all people get the amulet?"

A guilty expression crossed her face as she said, Will, do you remember the day we met? The day I found you in the water?"
"Vaguely." I responded, curious as to what this had to do with the medallion.
"Well, when I found you... you were wearing it."
"What!" I got up so quickly, I knocked my chair over and sent it toppling to the ground. I pushed the table. "Elizabeth, that was the only thing my father left me after he died! I assumed it had fallen into the ocean! Why did you take it!?" 
"Because I feared you were a pirate." The tears brimming in her eyes seeped into her voice. "I didn't want you to be hung. Will-"
"Why did you keep it then?!" I looked up to the staircase, greeted by the entire crew watching our argument. I shot them each withering glares and they returned to their duties.

"I- I don't know." She confessed. I slammed a hand down on the table, ripped the amulet off her neck, and threw it to the ground. I ran up the stairs, Elizabeth calling my name behind me. I ignored her. Just like I ignored Y/n.