Chapter 14

Heavy drops of rain splattered your face, soaking through your clothing and chilling you to the bone. Will was next to Gibbs, aiding in staying afloat through the storm. He was using all his body weight to pull down a rope that was tied to lord knows what and his long hair was wet and sticking to his face. His thin shirt, which was white, was soaked and becoming transparent and you could see the outline of his torso. You had to admit, he was very attractive. I mean, between the hair, and the body... he got a check mark in every category.

"How are we supposed to find an un-findable island with a compass that doesn't point north?!" Will yelled through the downpour. Though he was shouting at the top of his lungs, he could barely be heard through the wind and rain.
"Aye, the compass doesn't point north," Gibbs yelled in response, "But we're not trying to find north, are we?!" Will was visibly confused for a second, then decided to let it go, deeming that both he and Jack were both insane. He wasn't far off. Will spotted you looking out at him through the window which had been warped by rain and wind from the captain's quarters. Jack was steering the ship and, this being your last dress and the fact that you didn't trust any of the crew members, you had opted to stay inside. Will hastily pulled the rope down as far as it could go and scrambled over to you, his hair a tangle on top of his head.

"How are you holding up out there?" you asked him, fetching a hankerchief to wipe off his face which was covered in grime and seawater.
"It's not so bad if you ignore the fact that we're all probably doomed." He smiled sadly, looking deeply into your eyes.
"Well that makes me feel a whole lot better, doesn't it." You smiled as Will pulled you into his arms and placed a tender kiss on your soft lips.
"We'll find her. Soon." He said gently, resting his chin on your hair.
"Oh, darn. I was hoping we wouldn't." you joked and Will chuckled as he pulled away and went back to the deck. As the door closed, sheltering you from the storm, though there wasn't much point anymore because you were wet thanks to Will's hug, you heard Jack yell. "We're close!"

And although you knew it was wrong and if Will ever found out, he would never see you the same way again, you weren't really joking about not wanting to find Elizabeth.