25) I'll Save you

The thoughts going through Jungkook's mind were that of counting calories, counting his mistakes, and counting the number of steps it would take for him to get to the nearest bridge and jump the fuck off. Just like he deserved.

His body dragged itself on it's own, out of the gym, and out of BigHit Ent's building. He hurt all his boyfriends. He didn't deserve to live a day more and be a nuisance to others. He didn't.

The bridge was there, busy with life. He began the journey across the intersection to walk across it, it was when his foot took a step onto the bridge sidewalk that he realized what he was actually doing. That he was losing his mind and needed help, the fear of what he was doing hit him as he took step after step across the long bridge.

The loud sounds of cars speeding past only amplifying his feeling of despair as the Han River rushed below, he continued on, it took him about ten minutes to reach the middle of the bridge. He turned to look at the sky, filled with smog and clouds, not a star could be seen and it comforted him, to the sky was as void of light as himself. There was no light illuminating on the bridge and he was sure no one would be able to see who he was from a huge distance.

He looked over the steps he would have to take in order, climb over the safety fence, stand on the cement ledge and then jump off. His hands reached down his sprained leg aching and he felt something burst inside of himself, tears ran down his face as he began to climb over. He clenched his teeth to suprass any noise from coming out due to the pain coursing through his leg.

He looked down the water, taking deep breaths, closing his eyes one last time and remembering his boyfriends, his loves, his members, his soulmats. His everything. His life would end here, tonight, with him begging a god who probably hated him for mercy and forgiveness for all the sins he had committed. He took a step forward, his hands shivered, breathing becoming labour. Just as he was about to jump, though, he was hindered.

A loud screeching sound broke through as he whispered a quick message to whatever being laid above the sky. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry", he chanted quickly.

He turned to see a bike on the sidewalk, he lifted himself over the fencing and lifted one leg after the other slowly over the railing. He was on the ledge now, close enough to smell the sweet water below. "Hey!", his voice sounded hoarse, almost as if he had been crying.

Jungkook paused and stared at the figure walking towards him, it was a young man as far as he could tell in the darkness. "What’re you doing here?", he asked. His voice sounding oddly familiar.

Jungkook couldn’t reply just looked at the man blankly knuckles white as he gripped the railing, ready to promptly throw himself off. He wanted nothing more than that right now. He couldn't keep causing pain to others and himself anymore.

The deep voice of the man was steady and strong. It sounded firm but there was a sense of concern in his voice,, "Hey! Hey! I’m right here. Don't worry. Look at me. What’s your name?"

Jungkook shook his head, "Leave me alone". He wasn't able to look at the man's face, not that they could see each other's face in the pitch black darkness. He hung his head low as tears of shame filled his eyes.

"I’m sorry kid but I can’t do that, what’s your name?", the man tried again. And jungkook was sure he had heard that voice before. Many times.

"I said leave me alone!",he all but screamed this time and the man seemed to pause as if considering it. Jungkook heaved a small sigh of relief. Now he could rest in peace and no one would cause hindrance in his matter.

"Like hell I’m leaving you here kid! Listen to me, just get off the ledge. Come talk to me, we can get some food, talk about what’s happened", the man screeched back with equal force, voice shivery and tinted with anger.

"I want to die", Jungkook said plainly as he leaned forward towards the rushing water below. He could do this now too. The man could just run off if he didn't want to be involved.

"Hey! Hey!", The man ran for the fence climbing over it and Jungkook stared at him with wide disbelieving eyes. Why would he do that? Was he mad?

"Wh-what’re you doing?", jungkook asked in a fearful, shaky voice. He was scared the man would recognize him and then it'll become a huge scandal.

"I’m coming to talk to you!" The man was rather athletic climbing up much faster than Jungkook had and jumping over the fence with ease. His voice sounded somewhat familiar and Jungkook cringed, he couldn’t jump with this man here could he? He didn’t want to permanently traumatize someone. He sighed. God really did hate him.

"Listen to me, you’re gonna be okay. Whatever is happening- at home or school. It’s gonna be okay! I’ll help you", the man’s hand reached out for Jungkook’s hand and with a shuddering breath Jungkook grasped it, it was warm. It felt like home.

He pulled Jungkook in tightly for a hug he hadn’t realized he so badly needed. It was so warm, comforting, and Jungkook felt like he was in the arms of an angel. He was broad and gentle, his fingers pet Jungkook’s hair like he was his son and when he released Jungkook his hands grasped onto his sweatshirt tightly. The man was rather tall and well built.

"You climb back over first kid", he said it low and slow in Jungkook’s ear and he couldn’t help but follow the instructions of the other, his leg throbbing as he did so.

"You’re pretty well-built", The man commented as he did the same, the darkness kept Jungkook from making out his face clearly but his voice. It was so damn familiar, the hoarseness just made it difficult for him to point out who that seductive, gravely voice belonged to.

"Are you hungry?" The man asked and Jungkook nodded, for some odd reason he felt as if he needed him there. Just for reassurance.

"Okay, follow me. We can go to my car", Jungkook knew a lot about stranger danger, about how you should never follow someone you don’t know much less get in their car. Especially with him being an idol, but he couldn’t find it within himself to care. Not when his life was literally fucked up.

"Okay", he replied in a timid voice. They walked across the other half of the bridge in silence for awhile before the man spoke again, "How old are you?"

"Twenty- one", jungkook said honestly.

"Wow, okay. I’m twenty-four", the man said. They approached the parking lot and in the white lights Jungkook could make out his face better and stopped dead in his tracks, eyes going wide.

"Namjoon hyung?"