Pain And Love

“Are you. . . . . Ok?” I asked softly, wondering if Vediovous would be ok or not.

Vediovous fell to his side, his body still glitching harshly, even if his spasms stopped slightly. He opened his mouth like he was going to say something, but no sound came out of his mouth. Tears were running down his cheeks from all the pain he was enduring right now. 

I didn’t know what to do, so I tried some kindness magic, even though I wasn’t good at it. It did nothing. I felt desperate, no child needed to suffer, so I tried again.

Vediovous did nothing, his body stayed glitched up and his mouth stayed open, tears continuing to run down his now black boney cheeks. What should be done? What can be done?

As of right now, nothing, I finally thought. For there was nothing I could do, not now, not after Vediovous was a full glitch. Maybe before the full change, I could have done something, but now it was too late.

-three hours later-

Vediovous’s body finally stopped glitching after about three hours. After those hours he let out a small, pained whine, trying to roll over so that he could stand up, but he ended up falling back onto his side with a cry of pain. He looked around for a bit, his eyes stinging because of how much he had cried. “d ...DadDy…?” he let out a pained whine, looking around. His body hurt so much…

As I was in my room, I wondered why Vediovous was taking so long to heal, after all, it was normally a fast transition. 

Vediovous tried to get up on his hands and knees.

“I wouldn’t try that yet. Try to rest a bit more. That transition looked tough.” I said calmly. I didn’t want the kid to get hurt.

Vediovous looked around, his eyes landing on Gaster. “H….HurT...S….” he reached up to Gaster, beginning to cry again at the pain the small movement brought. “h...HurT….he-Elp

“Calm down and rest, bud. . .” as I walked over to try and comfort Vediovous, knowing it might not help as much as I hoped. “Everything will be ok soon. . .” 

Vediovous crawled over to Gaster and tried to get into his lap. He needed any type of comfort he could get. “pl….PLeaSe….iT hurTS S...SO MuCH….” he looked up at Gaster, begging for help from the scientist.

As I sat down, I gently helped the poor kid into my lap so he could feel better, as I knew that he wanted to be close to someone after losing his father. But even as I knew he needed comfort from someone, I knew that I could never be enough. He wanted a dad, and I wasn’t it. 

Vediovous grabbed onto Gasters shirt as tightly as he could, burying his head into Gasters chest, his little, shaking body relaxing as he nuzzled against Gaster. At least he was calming down. “thE...THanK...Yo..U..” he mumbled, trying to nuzzle closer. 

As I held Vediovous close, I wondered what had caused the glitch to explode like that, and then I realized. It was just like the last one I had. A very horrible, traumatizing thing happened, causing them to glitch harshly and then transform completely, making them incurable. Maybe, I thought, just maybe I could fix it in another timeline. I sure hoped so. . . 

As Vediovous’s transformation finally began to be completed, his little body relaxed more, the glitches stopping and his tears of pain not falling anymore.

“Its ok. . . It’s all going to be ok. . .” I said to the glitch, knowing for myself that everything was not going to be ok, but I wanted him to feel safe. After all he had been through, he needed to relax a bit, and he needed to calm down enough to talk, because there was no way I could help him if all he could do was sleep. I carefully got up and carried him back over to the couch, then laid him on it and put a blanket over his now black bones, hoping that he would feel better by the time he woke up.

#saveVediovous