A Kings Visit

Vediovous held onto Gaster’s hand as they walked. “I...I DOn’T havE tHE BesT PasT WiTh OtHer ChiLDreN...s-SO im JusT NervOuS AbouT What ThE kIngS SoN WilL Do To mE…” he sighed, holding onto Gaster’s hand tighter.

“Azi is a nice kid, I’m sure he’ll be nice. After all, who cares if your a glitch, your a kind soul who is very lovable.” I wanted to comfort the kid, but I knew that a glitch might possibly have trouble, and Asgore has never seen a glitch before. But, there was still rumors. “Hey. . . ummm. So, if Asgore and Asriel are mean to you. . . Just. . . Don’t worry about it. I’m sure they’ll be nice.” 

Vediovous looked up at Gaster, his face falling into horror.“Wh-WhAt!? y-YoU Won’T ProTecT Me!?” Vediovous pulled away from Gaster, backing up as he stared at Gaster in disbelief. He began to glitch and hyperventilate, backing up more. 

“N-No, That’s not it at all! I just. . . hoped they won’t hurt you or anything. . .” I tried to fix the mistake that I made, but to no avail. 

Vediovous began to glitch and shake more, tripping as he stepped back. He fell onto his butt as he looked up at Gaster, still shaking and glitching in newfound horror and fear. Gaster would have to be careful, little mistakes like that can send the poor kid into full panic.

“I’m sorry. . . I’m just not used to having. . . well. . . having kids around me. . .” I fell silent. 

Vediovous whined as he slowly stood back up and walked back over to Gaster, shakily grasping his hand again. “...0-oK…” he mumbled, looking down.

“Hey, if I offended you or hurt you, I’m sorry. . . I didn’t mean to be rude or anything. I’m not a very social person, so I make a lot of mistakes, but I try my best not to. . .”

Vediovous shook his head. “n-No YoU DiDn’t OffEnD ME….jusT WorrIED aND ScaREd ME Is AlL…” he mumbled, gripping Gasters hand as he looked down. 

Soon the two reached the castle. Vediovous looked up at the magnificent castle, not impressed at all with the size, even though other kids, even adults, were very impressed with the Kings Estate. 

Vediovous let go of Gaster’s hand and walked right up to the guards, not even flinching or tensing as they straightened up and pointed their spears at him. “Halt.” they said in unison. “You may not pass.” Vediovous just rose a brow.

“Hey, he’s with me. I was sent here to see the king. He’s my son, and he’s coming with me.” Then, out of Vediovous’s eyesight, both my eyes flared, and the guards backed down.

Vediovous smiled up at Gaster slightly before summoning peach strings from his fingers and forcing the guards to move back more, before the strings retreated back into Vediovous’s fingers. 

As we walked in, I headed towards the king's throne room and told Vediovous to follow. 

Vediovous followed obediently, being quiet now. 

Asgore hummed a soft tune, watering his flowers as he looked over at Asriel who was playing in the flowers.

As I watched Asriel play in the flowers, Asgore looked behind him and saw me, then saw Vediovous. He looked back at me with a questioning glare. “This” he waved at Vediovous, “Is your son?” 

“Yes, it is. You got a problem with that?”

Vediovous began to shake harshly, way more harshly than before. He was used to his dad but not any other rulers! He was petrified of other kings and queens! 

Asgore hummed with a soft growl as he stepped forward, Vediovous unknowingly taking a step back. “What is he?” Asgore asked. “I’ve never seen a monster like him before Gaster, and he has power, much more power than I do” he grabbed his red trident. “He is a threat” he growled lowly, letting Asriel continue to play in the flowers. 

Vediovous began to shake more, if that was even possible at this point, as he began to let out soft whines and whimpers.

“Stop right there, Asgore. You will not hurt this child. You know, when I first came here, I was also ‘a threat’. I am stronger than you, but you haven’t killed me. So you won’t kill my friend.” 

“Friend?” Asgore said, putting the trident away. “I thought you said ‘son’ earlier. You meant to say ‘son’, right?” Asgore was clearly confused by what was happening. 

“No, I meant friend. This is not my son, not by blood. But I will care for him like he is my son, because his family didn’t want him. I do. He is my son now, and if you harm one bone on his body. . .” My eyes flared. “You’ll Burn In Hell”

Asgore finally backed off. “Well, I have some business to discuss with you, so come along, let the boys play.” Asgore gestured for Gaster to follow him as Vediovous whined, tugging on Gaster’s sleeve. He didn’t want to leave him. 

“It’s ok, son. Go on, play with the prince. It’ll be ok, as I won’t be gone long.” I then left to go to the meeting, and with one last glance behind me, I saw Vediovous turn around and slowly head towards Asriel Dreemurr. I hoped for the best.