A Job Offer

Vediovous finally woke up after about an hour. He stretched out slightly before curling back up. The transformation was fully complete. His bones were now black, a few glitches over his body too. His soul had flipped itself inside out, that’s what happens when a glitch fully transforms. The pain was gone and Vediovous now had very powerful and ancient magic coursing through his bones.

He stretched out again after sitting up. “daDdY…?” he mumbled, looking around as he leaned against the back of the couch. “WheRe ArE YoU DadDy…?” he tilted his head in worry and curiosity. 

 As I walked in, I saw Vediovous sitting on the couch, awake and seeming better. I walked over and sat beside him, then an awkward silence filled the room. I said nothing, and neither did Vediovous. It was weird, so I finally said “He’s gone. . .” and then fell silent again.

I kNoW...” Vediovous whimpered, crying again. “I KnOw…” Vediovous nuzzled into Gasters shoulder, his hand coming up and grasping onto Gasters shirt. “DadDy…” he mumbled, looking up at Gaster. “mAy I HaVe SoMe foOd DAddy..? I'm HungrY…” Vediovous didn't want to believe that his daddy was dead. 

“Yes, yes you may.” I said softly, half surprised at why Vediovous had called me dad. “Would you like me to go get the food?”

Vediovous nodded, curling up against Gaster more, not wanting to let go of him. “y-YeS PLeasE…” 

I tried to gently move Vediovous from me, just enough for me to get up and get food. When I saw that it would be hard to do, I just used a little integrity magic, and brought some chips to me. Then I handed them to him and said “Take this and eat. You’ll need your strength.” 

Vediovous narrowed his eyes at the chips, studying them. He took one and put it into his mouth. His eyes lit up as he ate the chip, before he took more and ate them. He unknowingly began to purr, loudly. Thats another thing glitches could do that normal monsters, except cat monsters, couldn’t do. They could purr. 

He looked up at Gaster, still eating the chips. His eyes were stars now as he purred louder. “th-ThaNk YoU DadDy!” he chirped happily. 

“Y-Yea, sure kiddo. No problem. You can have more if you want.” I said, surprised at how fast the chips were gone. “I’ll go get some more.”

Vediovous began to eat a lot more chips. He acted like a starving man finally just finding food, which was exactly what he was. After finally getting his fill of chips he looked up at Gaster with a beaming smile. “T-thaNk YoU DadDy!” he raised his hand up and grabbed onto Gasters shirt again as he began to purr more.

“I have some candy to, if you want more?” I said, before realizing that Vediovous had eaten all of my chips. Shit, I thought. 

Vediovous’s eyes widened in fear. “C-CanDy!? Th-ThaT's PoIsonOuS!” he began to shake and glitch again while he looked up at Gaster fearfully.

“N-No it’s not! I promise. . . look” I said as I ate a piece. “I’m perfectly fine. Here, try one. I promise it’s not poisonous, at least, it shouldn’t be.” I said. 

Vediovous nodded shakily and reached out to take a piece. He grabbed a piece of the candy and popped it into his mouth. He sucked on it for a minute before his eyes turned back into shiny stars. “thIs Is GreAt!” he beamed up at Gaster before hugging him tightly, beginning to purr even louder. 

As I saw how much Vediovous liked the candy, I offered more. “Do you want more candy, or do you want dinner? After all, we don’t want to spoil your appetite.” I said this knowing that it probably wouldn’t spoil his appetite, but whatever.