Chapter 7

Swara sat in her bedroom, she couldn't control the tears that ran down her eyes. Ragini had meet Lakshya and she knew she had always liked him. But destiny is cruel. It can never see them happy. She still remembered her happy times with the Maheswari's, with Sanskaar.

He always made her nervous, the way he looked at her, made her blush every single time. Since their parents were friends, they met frequently and she couldn't help herself from falling in love with him.

Once when he was going out of India for some work, she had gone to see him off. Suddenly she had felt a bone crushing hug. He had took her in his arms, and lifted her off from the ground.

"What are you doing?" she had hissed.

"Hugging my would be wife." he had replied casually. "Do you have a problem?"

That was the moment when she had realised that he too loved her. But only of she could have known what it really was.

"Don't call here again." Sanskaar's mother had said when she had called him after his return.

It had broken her from inside.

Lakshya walked back towards his hostel in confusion. He could not believe what Swara just asked him. He was the happiest when Sanskaar's marriage was fixed with Swara. In fact, all of them were happy. They were the ideal couple. Though it was an arranged marriage, still Swara and Sanskaar were meant to fall in love with each other. Everything was just perfect. Until one day everything changed.

"Lucky?" Sanskaar called him.

Lakshya couldn't understand what he was feeling. Something scared him. He was scared that Swara will take his Ragini away from him once she finds out that his real identity. He hugged his brother who had come to meet him before leaving back to Mumbai.

Lakshya still remember the time when all of them were happy, together. He was small but he could clearly see the distance growing between the two families.

"Lucky, give this to Ragini and tell her to give it to Swara." Sanskaar had once said.

Lakshya, being the obedient brother had done as directed. The next day, Ragini had handed him a letter from Swara for Sanskaar. This had became a routine and he and Ragini had become best of friends meanwhile as they had started spending all the school hours together.

"You sister is writing letters for my brother everyday." Lakshya had said one day while munching their tiffins during the recess. "Why don't you write one for me?"

"Okay." Ragini had said. "But what should I write?"

"Just copy what is written your sister's letter." Lakshya had replied.

And it was the letter he never kept away from him. It was the only symbol of their friendship he had with him after they were separated.

Sanskaar held Lakshya as he hugged him. He could feel him shivering.

"Bhai... bhai I can't lose her again, Bhai." Lakshya said as his voice shook. "I really love her."

"Lucky!" Sanskaar made him look into his eyes. "Who are you talking about?"

"Ragini."

*************************

"Swara at least tell me why are we going back all of a sudden?" Ragini asked as Swara packed both their clothes in a hurry.

"Ragini, just do what I say. Help me in the packing." she ordered.

"It is because of Lakshya?" Swara's hands stopped hearing Ragini's words.

"Yes it is." she said. "I don't want you to stay here anymore. I can't risk you."

"What are you saying Swara? We're childhood friends. Why would you risk and all?"

"Ragini, why don't you understand?" Swara almost shouted. "You can't trust him. The Maheswari's aren't worth trusting. This can be a conspiracy. Do you understand me?"

"No I don't!" Ragini barked back. "What conspiracy are you talking about? You have to tell me today. Why can't I meet Lakshya? You know I have always loved him. He is important to me. Why are you so angry with the Maheswari's? "

"Because they murdered our father!" Swara yelled.

*****************

Sankaar looked at Lakshya who slept peacefully. He checked in back in the hotel and took Lakshya there with him. He didn't want to leave him alone in this state. He looked miserable. He couldn't believe that Lakshya was really in love with Ragini. Swara's Ragini.

"16th of next month is a perfect date for Swara and Sanskaar's marraige." both of them were excited when the priest had said those words.

The engagement was done and the next day he was going outside India. They used to talk on phone regularly and it was the best phase of their lives. Atleast of his life. But once he came back, his father had ordered him not to call or talk to her. It was a shock for him that their engagement had broken.

He couldn't call her so he had decided another way to contact her. He had written a letter and had asked Lakshya to send it to Swara. As expected, she had replied back. A new hope was formed inside him only if he knew that the worst was yet to be happen.

"Ragini!" Lakshya got up with a jerk and Sanskaar rushed towards him.

"Lucky relax."

"Bhai, I want Ragini. She will take her away from me. Take me to her Bhai, please. I really love her."

"Lucky, Lucky relax." Sanskaar held him. "I don't know how much you love her but it is important to bring her to our house as a daughter-in-law."

"Wha.. What?"

"Our mother has been through many things, Lucky. All because of them. She is living a colourless life. It's time the Garodia's pay for it." he said in determination. "It's time you know about it."

"Know about what, Bhai?" Lakshya asked.

"You wanted to know why don't we talk and meet them anymore, right?" Sanskaar asked.

He nodded.

"Because they killed our father." he said.

Hola guys!

How's the twist?

Don't forget to vote and comment.

||Silent Memories|| •RagLak•Swasan•On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara