Eleven: Conversation

As soon as the door closed, your eyes moved on the fragile guy leaning on the wall. He was observing you closely, the amused smirk still visible on his face. The awkward tension between the two of you didn't disperse even when the man spoke up.

"Quite bold of you to bring him here," he said, taking a step towards his office chair. You followed him with your eyes and not for the first time did you notice that the guy's moves were surprisingly nimble. You reached out to the medical tools which were still lying in the table next to you and started cleaning up the mess left by your guest.

"He was wounded," you mumbled, putting the bandages back into the box. You tried to ignore the piercing gaze Izaya was giving you.

"And since he's Shinra's friend, you decided to help him?," the guy asked as if he already knew the answer.

"Yes," you glanced at him as he was taking off his jacket and hanging it on the chair. "I thought you were going to stab him when he was passing by you," you added quietly, but Izaya's perceptive ears immediately caught this comment.

"It was surely a good option, but something like that wouldn't kill him," he answered and you noticed his expression changing into an annoyed one. "I've tried better methods and they didn't work."

"I'd like to know more about his body, his immunity is not exactly human," you said more to yourself than to Izaya.

"Somehow you sound exactly like Shinra," the guy replied. "Anyways," he suddenly announced, "someone left you a message."

You immediately turned towards him, recalling the message you'd gotten from Shingen during your lunch. Izaya was holding a piece of paper and waving it in between his fingers. You pierced him with a freezing glare.

"Have you opened it?," you growled suspiciously.

"And should I have opened it?," he answered with a teasing voice.

"You seriously ask?," you hissed and pulled the paper out of Izaya's hands.

He's no longer a danger.

These were the only words written, but you knew well enough what they meant. For a while you were standing quiet. Suddenly, you smiled. The laughter clashed through the room. It wasn't a normal ecstasy. You resembled someone who had just been freed from prison after being wrongfully sentenced. You let yourself sink into madness as if nobody else was around. You didn't care about Izaya or how abnormal your behaviour was. It was time to celebrate you. Without a word, you left Izaya.

It didn't take long for you to reappear at Izaya's workplace. In response to his questioning look, you lifted a bag you were holding and let him peek at its insides. He saw a couple of champagne bottles stacked onto each other.

"Let's celebrate," you announced and marched in without waiting for Izaya's response.

"I'm honoured," he replied with a wide smirk. He didn't look surprised by your behaviour. It seemed that he was waiting for you to return with alcohol. You placed yourself on the sofa and poured the champagne into the glasses.

"Y'know what?," you hiccuped, playing with the first bottle you'd emptied surprisingly easily. "I don't drink very often".

Izaya smirked lightly, watching your blushing face, clearly amused by the way you behaved.

"I've realised," he replied, resting his head on his hand.

Your expression changed. You squinted at the guy in front of you. Confusion was written all over your face.

"Hey," you pointed at Izaya and staggered, "how come you're friends with Shinra?," you asked straightforwardly.

Izaya didn't even wince at this question.

"We were at the same club at our middle school," he replied with a charming smile.

You chortled at the vision of middle school Izaya.

"I wish I could see little Izaya in his uniform, having to socialise with other people," you commented bitingly.

"I probably wasn't that different from an antisocial medicine obsessed girl", Izaya retorted cunningly. "Or will you tell me that you were actually a party soul, constantly changing guys?"

"Nah," you replied and waved your hand in a denying gesture. "Never been interested in anyone."

"Could've guessed," Izaya replied with a sly smile.

"But you know what?," you suddenly hunched over the table, a new, serious expression flowing onto your face. "You're not that bad. I guess I could even fall for you. That is, if you weren't such a jerk," you added and fell back onto the sofa.

A mysterious smirk appeared on Izaya's face.

"Good to know," he said and took a sip of the drink.