The Big News

Sorry for not being able to make this a book.

It was David's birthday & Natalie had something very important to tell him. But it wouldn't be till everyone left before she could tell him the big news.

She was getting everything together, making sure the decorations we're nicely set up, the food was prepared, the cups & plates were put out. She wanted this to be a day he wouldn't forget. She loved her man so dearly she was proud to be married to him. She was proud she was able to call him her husband.

They had been together for a pretty long time now & the day finally came where David felt it was time to propose to the love of his life. He knew he wanted to spend the rest of his life with Natalie, so he waited no more. Neither of them regret a single thing. After all it was the best wedding Natalie could have ever asked for.

As people were arriving, Natalie made sure they had what they needed to feel welcomed. She greeted them with hand shakes followed by many hugs & kisses. Everyone was having a great time. Natalie made her way through her crowded home to try to find David.

When she spotted him he was dancing & laughing his ass off with all his friends. Natalie loved that about him. He was always the life of the party & it made her happy that her husband was happy. Then again she was just really happy & excited for what was to come next because he doesn't know that his life is about to change.

People kept trying to drag Natalie to dance but she wasn't really up for it. They would also hand her some drinks & she denied them all. "Are you sure Nat?" One of her old friends asked. "I'm very sure" She made sure they understood that she didn't want to drink tonight. She just wanted to sit back & watch everyone else enjoy themselves.

After a long fun day, everyone had finally headed home. David & Natalie were now alone. "Oh man. This has been one of the best days ive had in a long time." David said, while plopping himself onto their bed. He started to get ready to go to sleep but Natalie stopped him.

"Hold on now. The fun isn't over yet. I have one last thing for you." David looked up at her with confusion plastered on his face. "Stay here & close your eyes." He complied & sat there a bit anxiously. He wondered what his beautiful wife had to show him. She hurried over to her closet looking for David's gift. She walked back into the bedroom but with this small rectangular box in her hand.

She sat in front of David & placed the gift closer to him. "You can open your eyes now." He opened them looking down to see what's in front of him. "What's this?" He asked picking it up. She had this smile on her face & she couldn't help but giggle a little. "David, I want you to know that i love you so so much & I will always be by your side. But I also want you to know something else. Opening that box, is gonna change your life forever. Heck, it's gonna change both of our lives. Are you ready for that?" Her words were enough to make him shake a bit. It made him a little nervous.

"Nat, what's going? What are you giving me that's SO big & life changing?" She gave him a kiss on the lips & told him "Just open it." He let out a deep breath & slowly unwrapped it, revealing an old phone box.

"You got me a phone!?" She laughed a little pushing his shoulders & said "No you dork, open it." He did as he was told pulling it apart to open the inside. As soon as he could see what was inside, he felt his heart skip a beat. Everything came rushing to his head. For a moment, he felt his world stop.

It was a pregnancy stick. 

"Oh my..." He took a moment to process what his eyes were seeing. "Nat are you serious? Are you serious right now!? Are you really.." He had a huge smile on his face with tears on the verge of falling down his cheeks. The tears he had, made Natalie have them too.  "Are you happy?"

"Nat...I...I'm the happiest I've ever been in my entire life. You we're right, this is life changing. This is HUGE! WE'RE HAVING A BABY!!" He quickly stood up, pulled her in for a hug & spun her around. He put her down gently and gave her thousands of kisses on her lips.

"This is the best birthday ever. I cannot believe this. We're gonna be parents. Im gonna be a father!" She cupped his face & gave him more kisses. "Im so happy this makes you happy. I knew it was right to wait. I wasn't sure yet anyways so i had to check at least five times. Every single one came out positive. Positive, David. I'm still in shock. But im just really glad it's you who's the father & not some random doofus. You hear me David? I wouldn't want anyone else to be the father of my child because you're it for me. Forever."

They spent the rest of the night in each others arms talking about how lucky they felt & soon they'd be welcoming their first newborn child.