Let's Meet Again

I'm twenty three years old and at some point, I felt like the happiest guy in the world. I had the cutest girlfriend with a nice home and a good job. Life was going great. That was until I pulled up to my house on a Friday afternoon.

I opened the front door only to hear noises coming from upstairs. My first thought was that someone had broken into my house so I quickly grabbed the closest thing next to me. A baseball bat. I held on to it for dear life slowly making my way up the stairs. I went the direction the noise was coming from which was my bedroom.

The door was half opened, enough for me to get a clear view of my bed. And that's when I saw a girl and not just any girl, but my girlfriend. I was staring at her bare back until a pair of hands had wrapped around her. My world immediately stopped. I nearly wanted to barge in there and rip the guys face off but I didn't.

I just walked away.

It was something I wasn't prepared for and I couldn't process anything. I just quickly ran out of there as fast as I could. I grabbed my car keys and started driving. I had no idea where I was going. I just kept on driving letting the sun go down until finally I stopped. I parked at a bar, turning the car off, taking the keys out of it's place, while sitting there deciding whether I should get wasted or just face reality.

I wanted to do both but neither at the same time. My heart was beating fast and my body was starting to get tense. I clenched my fists and started hitting the steering wheel. I felt betrayed. Had I not been enough? Did I ever fail her? Was our sex life driving her away? Was I even attractive anymore? All these thoughts flooded my mind, making the tears finally come out.

Im not one to cry but the person I thought loved me, has now cheated on me. I tried to brush it off hoping this is a really bad dream I'd wake up from but I know I'm just being delusional. This is real and I have to accept it. There's no changing what has already happened so I make the decision to just confront the situation, since there's no point in avoiding it.

I start my car up again, ready to leave until I saw her. The most beautiful woman I have ever seen in my life. She came out of the bar, stumbling on her feet while her two friends had their arms wrapped around some guys.

They were all going their separate ways while she was left there alone. She made her way to her car, fidgeting with her purse, trying to get the keys. I then saw a man come up from behind her grabbing her waist. At first I thought he was her boyfriend but then I saw him put his hand over her mouth and I instantly knew this bastard was going to hurt her.

I obviously wasn't going to let this sick fuck get away with this so I, without even thinking, got out of my car running up to him pulling him off of her so fast he hit his head on the ground. "You sick prick get the fuck out of here!" He started shaking like the pussy he is and ran away so fast he was tripping on his own feet.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

She had her hand on her chest, swallowing the lump in her throat. "I think I sobered up a bit." She let out a small chuckle and I gave her a quick smile. "But um...thank you for that."
"Oh no problem but uh... a pretty girl like you shouldn't be out here alone like this." She blushed a bit but I could tell she was still a bit shaken. "I hope I didn't sound like a creep." She laughed a little. "Not at all." I stood there a minute while she continued going through her purse. "Where are those damn keys." She mumbled. I look around and spotted them on the ground.

"I think you're looking for these." I held them up in front of her face. "Thanks." She smiled taking them from my hands, opening her car door. "I'm David." I said, hoping she'd turn around and tell me her name. "Well thank you for saving me tonight, David." I nodded. I thought all hope was lost when she got in her car and turned it on until she rolled down her window. "I'm Natalie by the way." There was a moment of silence. I could tell she hesitated on what she was going to say next. "I hope I see you again, David."

I let out the biggest smile and told her "Come next Friday at this hour and maybe you can. You never know." I gave her a wink before she smiled and drove away. I have a feeling that won't be last time I'm seeing that girl.

Excuse any errors I'm lazy to check plus a bitch is tired it's 1:33 am give me a break please.