Epilogue 2 - A Stray Orange Cat (2)

Vehicles pass through the parking lot at any and every time of the day, so it wasn't particularly safe for me, and the air here was hardly clear. I preferred to bask on the neighbourhood benches.

  But in order to find a human who could afford premium cat food, I endured silently.

  Alas, things weren't as simple as I imagined them to be. Not every human likes cats. I have met car owners who deliberately attempted to smash me with their cars, and hypocrites who tempted me with food.

  Foolish humans! Do you think that you could take me in with your petty tricks? I am an orange cat who has endured strong winds and great waves.

  I stayed strong in my determination to find a meal ticket. Finally, after all my hard work, I met a human male.

  He was tall and handsome, wearing a luxury suit, driving a luxury car. I almost set my cap for him at first sight. But too bad, the man was a very cold fish. Though he had seen me several times by then, he would always walk away without a word.

  An ordinary cat might have given in here, but I am no ordinary cat. I am an orange cat who has endured great winds and strong waves.

  I knew that this human was hardly as indifferent as he appeared to be. On the contrary, his heart was warmer than most humans. It was merely hard to see.

  Fortunately, I am an orange cat who has experienced the great winds and waves, and I have always been an excellent judge of humans.

  When he saw me for the fourth time, the man finally gave in and fed me. I knew right then that the time had come. During this period of time, I had found out when he always left and where he parked. And the next day when he was about to leave, I slunk in front of his car and let out a meow.

  There was a flicker in his eyes. I knew that I had successfully captured a human being.