four - velvet

four: our own personal Coffee Bean

—a year later—

Bob looked at Frank over their cereal and grinned. "Coffee Bean's comin' today."

Frank choked on his gross fruit and his eyes widened. "Fuckin' seriously?"

"Seriously, man," Bob said and then grinned, leaning in close and whispering so only the four of them could hear. "There's a guy workin' here that's gonna help us. And Ray's comin' with us."

"And Gerard too, right?" Frank asked, his hand moving to rest of Gerard's thigh and squeezing softly.

Bob bit his lip excitedly. "Of fucking course. But you haven't told him too much, right? Just about what Decaf stands for?"

"That and why we're constantly saying Coffee Bean, and our names."

Gerard grinned. The DeCavalcante Mafia chain was growing even bigger and bigger, and since it was, they'd had to come up with code names. Frank had explained that Tony Soprano, known head of the New Jersey Mafia was referred to as DeCavalcante quite a bit, especially to protect his identity, and his code name was Decaf, since the two names were similar. From there, the coffee jokes had sprung. Anyone who was a messenger or on the inside was referred to as a Coffee Bean, and anyone who was a part of the Mafia and just worked under orders was referred to as Grinds.

"Sick, that's about all he needs to know," Bob whispered. "That's what I told Ray too."

"Let's stop whispering, buzzcut guard behind you is staring," Frank said. "Do something inconspicuous."

Bob tilted his head back and laughed loudly, and leant away, and Frank snickered. Gerard and Ray moulded into the charade too, both donning smirks, and when Bob calmed down, Frank noticed that buzzcut wasn't looking at them anymore.

"Nice joke, man," Bob said. "You really had me reeled in there."

Gerard shook his head and laughed beside Frank, and then they all went back to normal, eating the rest of their breakfast and making casual conversation about how much they hated the government.

---

As soon as the guards' footsteps were echoing away from their cell, Frank had Gerard pushed back against the door. He smashed their lips together, and Gerard responded immediately, pressing back with just as much vigour. Frank nipped and sucked at Gerard's bottom lip, and then their tongues were dancing together. Gerard's hands were tangled in Frank's hair, and Frank's hands were gripping Gerard's hip and arse tightly. Then his lips were leaving dark purple bruises down Gerard's neck, and Gerard was breathing heavily, letting out whimpers here and there when Frank nearly broke the skin.

Gerard pushed himself off the wall and then pushed Frank onto his back on his bed, and he left marks of his own down Frank's skin as Frank struggled to turn them over. Gerard won in the end, pinning Frank's hands around his head with his own and then bringing his lips up and moving their lips together slowly and sensually, sucking and biting on Frank's lips when he let out a whine.

Then he pulled off completely and gazed down at Frank's swollen lips and blown-out pupils.

"Someone's happy," Gerard snickered and rolled his hips into Frank's.

Frank groaned and struggled against Gerard's hands. "Gee, let me go."

Gerard let go, and he rolled off of Frank, expecting him to be upset, but was instead met with a brilliant smile.

"Of course I'm happy," he said and took one of Gerard's hands in his own. "I've been stuck here for the past two and a half fuckin' years, you've been here for one and some, and now we get to get out. All four of us. And then the two of us can live together, and start over, and everything might just be alright."