Floating

⚫Chapter 1⚪

My alarm went off , time for work.

I pull myself off my bed and tear my clothes off for my shower.

The hot water hits and i fall into a zone, I feel like I'm Floating and I'm invincible.

I stepped out of the shower and dried myself up, then dressed.

I walked down the hallway of my apartment and headed for my kitchen. Bagel and cream cheese, yum.

I ate my breakfast and jumped into my car and headed down the highway.

I live in Los Angeles, and work at a music station, and just happened to graduate high school. I pull into the stations parking lot and turn off the engine. I get to the front door and am stopped by a hand. I turn to see who I almost dread the most.

"Emmie, baby,  seriously, it was a mistake, I was drunk I didn't know what I was saying, doing, think-

I put my hand over his mouth.

"Listen Jarrett, if you didn't know what you were doing you wouldn't of been able to hold the bottle. Now we're done, and that's never gonna change."

I shove him back, and step in the studio.

As I let the current chart toppers play, I pull out my notebook and words flow through my fingertips.

🎵So turn around, floating so high above the ground, nothing can stop us now...

🎵Turn around, look at me at me now....nothing can touch us now.

My mind goes fuzzy I can never get more than two lines into this song and then come up blank.

"Mia?"

I look over and see my colleague.

"Hey Chadd, sorry was in my zone." sometimes I wonder if he is ever going to ask about what I always doodle in my notebook. I do this everyday. 

He sits next to me. He has been somewhat of like the shift lead here, works part of each shift to take care of the basics and what not.

"Where's the new singles that will be released tomorrow?"

I lean forward and pull the folder off the sorter.

"Here ya go, this should be them."

He gave me a small smile and looked them over, organizing them into play order. "Thanks, I'll get these in for the next setlist. Hey, you should come out with us and some of the my friends one of these days and get out."

I kinda shrugged. Not sure what to say. "I know, I know. Not really your style but I have a feeling you would have a good time." He nudged my shoulder lightly and got up, walking to another part of the studio.

The rest of the day went uneventful and before I knew it, the clock was at 6:54. Time to go to home. I clock out and walk out to get in my car, waving to Chadd and Melissa. She was getting ready to start her night out. Sometimes I wonder if He and her were a thing on the down low, they seemed close. They were looking over some papers in his hand, something that must have been in the announcements recently or some kind of article. Sometimes I think of taking them up on their offer, but then again I never noticed anything in them to consider it fun as they act way different than my personality.

Same old, same old. I battle with wanting to try these things, but somehow knowing there would be disappointment in the near future. So , instead I say I will think about it and then never join them. Besides, less risk includes less chance of drama in my teeny, tiny bubble.