Chapter 2

Leaving was easy. Figuring out what was wrong with me was hard. As Eddie drove us home on his motorcycle he didn't say a word. A blank look sat on his face. I felt like I was getting hotter. I tightened my grip around his waist and buried my face into his back. I felt his back muscles tense as he looked over his shoulder. I looked up at him.
"We'll be home soon."

As soon as we got home he made me sit down on the couch. He took an ice pack out the freezer and put it on my forehead. "Eddie-"
"Don't speak. I just need you to rest and eat."
"Eat? But I'm not-" my stomach growled. How hadn't I noticed before?
"I know, Venom." He warmed something up in the microwave. "Damn it, Venom. I know!" He yelled. He grabbed the box of granola bars off the shelf above the sink. He sat next to me. "Start with these. I'll go heat up some more food."
"What's going on?" I bit the granola and the flood gates opened. I started scarfing down bar after bar. Something's never tasted so good before and I had never been this hungry, ever. Soon the box was empty.
"I need more food." I said. He sat a tray of chicken tenders down on the table. They were hot but I didn't care. Each scorching bite gave me a short satisfied feeling before the hunger arose again. He came with a bag of chips, a bowl of soup, the 2 foot long sandwiches we got from the store yesterday and the full container of lemonade. No matter how much I ate and drank I couldn't satisfy it. He sat down on the coffee table.
"Okay, (y/n) that's enough."
"I need more." I stood up. Eddie pushed me back down.
"Eddie, I need more!"
"No! I know what's happening and I need you to stop before you get sick."
"Sick? I just need to eat."
"And then you'll puke. I'm not cleaning up vomit off the bathroom floor... again."
"Whatever." I tried to get up. He kept his hands on my shoulders to stop me.
"You need to know what's going on with you. Especially before it gets out of hand."
"Before what does?"
"Are you angry? Do you want to kill anyone? Do you have a secret hatred inside that's just waiting for the chance to come out?"
"No?" I was confused by his line of questioning.
"Good. At least I know you're not having any bloodthirsty thoughts."
"What's going on?"
"I know what happened to you in the bathroom. It happened to me before."
"Eddie…?"
"I guess it wasn't a false alarm." He shook his head. "Damn it. How did they still have any?"
"Have what?"
"You've been infected."
"Infected? With what?" I didn't like the sound of that. My stomach started to churn.
"Okay the substance that came out of the- Where did it come from?"
"It fell on my head from the vent."
"The substance that came out of the vent. It was a symbiote."
"A- A what?" I was dumbfounded. "You mean like-"
"Yes. Like Venom."
"Oh God. I'm going to be sick." He firmly held my shoulders.
"No, (y/n) wait. You'll be fine. We'll just remove it and-"
"How could this happen?" I pushed his hands off. He looked surprised for a moment before getting up as well.
"Don't worry we'll-"
"I went on the job with you thinking it would be fine, I thought it'd be cool. I was really happy and excited. I didn't expect to come home infected with- with an alien!"
"Calm down." He grabbed my wrist, grip slightly tighter. I pulled away. He looked surprised again.
"No, I can't calm down! There's an alien in my body Eddie! You've seen the movies. That doesn't end well for me." He grabbed my arm. His grip was much tighter. I couldn't shake him off so easily this time.
"Let go I don't want to be touched."
"No I just need you to sit down."
"Eddie, stop." I pulled my wrist.
"We have to work out a plan."
"Not right now." I was getting agitated.
"I'm not letting go until you listen."
"I said let go!" It was more of a roar than a yell. It wasn't human and it wasn't me. Eddie didn't let go, he didn't flinch. He stood there waiting for what I'd do next. I was too shocked to do anything.
"Eddie, what's happening to me?" My voice was barely a whisper.
"Please sit down." His voice was calm. I did as he said.
"This symbiote is not Venom. I don't know what it wants."
Freedom.
I jumped, surprised by the sudden voice in my head.
"What did it say?" He asked. He already knew what was going on.
"Freedom."
"I guess it didn't want to be trapped in the lab anymore."
"But why me?"
Easy to get to. Won't hurt me.
"What?"
Happy, caring, loving, free.
"I need you to be more clear."
Perfect match for me.
I put my head in my hands.
You will not hurt me. I do not want to be hurt anymore.
"Hurt? Hurt by who?"
Scientist used me. They experimented on me. You were the key to freedom.
"Okay, but you can leave now right? You can get out of me and find a different home?"
No.
"No?"
No. It repeated. I looked at Eddie for something but he watched me with an expression I hadn't seen on him before, fear.
"Am I going to die?" I asked him. He shook his head.
"No."
No.
"I'm not going to let that happen."
I do not want to hurt you.
"We'll go to the hospital."
I do not want to leave.
"I know a way that worked for me."
I want to stay here inside you.
"It didn't feel good but it worked."
I need you, (y/n).
"But you'll be okay."
I will not leaving willingly.
"Stop! I need you both of you to stop!" It was too much hearing them talk at the same time.
"We'll go back to the lab."
No!
I kicked Eddie off the coffee table and across the room. I ran over to him.
"Eddie, I'm so sorry. That wasn't me. I didn't have control over that." He sat up.
"I know." He grunted a bit as he got up. "The longer it's in you, the stronger it gets." He pointed to my chest. "Whatever your name is you better not touch anything inside of (y/n)."
"I'm inside of everything in her, Eddie." I gasped as I spoke. I covered my mouth. He narrowed his eyes. My hands moved involuntarily.
"We are becoming one. I will not leave without a fight." I shook my head. He growled or should I say Venom growled. I flinched but I wasn't sure if it was me or the thing inside me that did it first.
"Show me what your symbiote looks like, Eddie. Show me Venom."  She asked. I did not want that all. I wish we could go back to when she didn't talk.
Venom responded by showing himself.
"Is this what you wanted to see?" He asked. I laughed. It was a frightening sound. I felt myself rising and changing. Next thing I knew I was seeing things from a different perspective.
What's happening? I asked. She attacked venom.
"I am not leaving. I do not want to go back!''she punched him.
"You do not have a choice!" Venom shouted.
Stop! I yelled.
"You can not have her. We can be free together."
"You are not welcomed here!" He pushed her to the side. He grabbed her by the throat. "I will not kill you but you can not kill (y/n)."
"I do not want to kill her. I just want to be free. She is mine now!" She kicked him in the stomach. She jumped back by the window.
"She is not yours. She is ours." Venom tackled her. Glass shattered. I saw the evening sky. I screamed. She screamed too. Soon I realized that I was me again. I was falling and had no way to catch myself. I closed my eyes, afraid of what would happen next. I felt a tight grip around my body. It was venom who caught me but it was Eddie I saw when I opened my eyes. We were on the ground under our apartment window. I looked up and then back at him. He smiled. "We got you."
"Eddie we have to remove this thing. I don't want to do that again."
No! I am not leaving!
"You don't have a choice!" I yelled back.
"We will." He rubbed my forehead.