Chapter 8

"Tell me what happened when you woke up."
"After taking me captive, she confessed that she had a hand in the deaths of three people. One of them was the female victim found last Tuesday morning."
"Why did she take you captive?" Eddie asked.
"To use me in her latest experiment. She then told me I was useless because I wouldn't work in her experiment and said she'd kill me."
"How did you escape?" He wrote down my answers.
"I was rescued by San Francisco's anti-hero, Venom, another symbiote that has made my body it's new home, and some crazy news reporter named Eddie Brock." He stopped the recording.
"I'm crazy? You're crazy for saying that on my recording. I'll have to delete it and we'll start over."
"Oh Eddie relax." I laid my head on his shoulder. "Everything you have up to that point is solid evidence."
"Every detail has to be clear. We want her to stay in jail."
"I'm sure she will and even if she gets out, no way anyone will take her seriously. They'll know she's a murderer."
"Money talks."
"So does evidence." I took his notepad out his hand and tossed it over my shoulder." I sat on his lap and crossed my arms around his neck. “(y/n)-” he grabbed my waist.
"Shh."I put my finger to his lips. "You're gonna have to work for more information." I kissed his neck.
"Mm."
"You have to work hard too. I'm not gonna be easy." He chuckled.
"I hope not." He turned and pushed me into the couch.
"Ah!"

~A Few Hours Later~

"We should really get in bed." You mumbled into his neck. You felt his bare chest jerk as he chuckled. "You wanna go another round in bed? Is that what you're saying?" He was warm and with his arm around me I felt so cozy.
"Sounds fun but I was thinking about sleep." He turned off the tv. "Sleep?"
"Yes babe. It's the thing humans do at night or during the day when they feel tired."
"You humans sound like weak creatures. On my planet we stay awake from the moment we're born."
"Aliens. You guys are strange."
"Is this some kind of joke?" Azlin asked. She looked at me and Eddie. "What is the punchline?"
"Eddie is pretending not to be human." Venom answered "(y/n) is pretending that she is a human teaching Eddie the ways of earthlings."
"What part of this is supposed to be funny?"
"Okay you two. We were enjoying our personal moment."
"Nothing is personal when we are around Eddie."
"Azlin you're new around here so I'll let
(y/n) take care of you. Let's get in bed. It's too late." I sat up. He picked me up bridal style. "Can I convince you about that round I mentioned before?"
"You can try."