Samara

Book 2 of River of Falcons is titled Samara, and continues the adventures of Drift, Ubi and Arty, as well as Jasper, June and Sasha as they struggle to avoid the sorcerers and free Summer. Here is a 'teaser' exchange from the first chapter:

*

"How did you get away?" Arty demanded.

Drift took a deep breath, then pushed herself to a sitting position and held her hands out to the fire. They were shaking. "I didn't. He shot me. See?" She pointed to her chest. There was a round hole in her white dress. The edges of the hole were blackened by fire.

"Wait, where'd you get that dress?" Arty demanded, his eyes roaming up and down Drift's elegantly clad body in surprise. The last time he'd seen her, she'd been in well-worn boys' leggings and tunic.

"That's sort of a mystery," Drift admitted, rubbing her hands together. "Do you have anything to eat?"

Arty glanced toward the river. "I can catch some trout to roast on the fire. Will you try one?"

"I'm so shaky I might have to. I don't have a hole through me, do I?" She felt her chest cautiously.

Arty shook his head. "No, but you're wearing a fancy dress with a burn in it. Care to explain?"

Drift rubbed her shoulders and shivered. "Ubi, can you find my cloak? I took it off just before I did the projection."

"Projection?" Ubi stared at her. "For real? I thought you weren't going to do any more magic." He glanced around as if expecting something to blow up.

"My cloak, please? It's probably near where you found me."

Ubi shrugged and jogged off into the darkness.

"Why don't you start at the beginning?" Arty asked.

*

Samara is up now on Wattpad. Things definitely ramp up in the next book--almost constant action as the various characters move around the valley and make discoveries, some of them about magic and others about their enemies and their own pasts...  

January 2020: Four books are now posted in their entirety!

- Alex