Chapter 16 Thoughts

We did some brainstorming and couldn't come up with anything. So in the meantime, we decided to split up and do some low tier quests for some quick cash.

After that, we met up and discussed what to do with the gold, "we should split up the gold into two piles, one for supplies, and the other for gear," Aitami suggested, "that sounds like a good idea, but we'll also have to split the gear pile, half for me, half for you,"

After we split up the money, we took our shares and went into town. I went straight to a library, I wanted to learn more about the world I'm going to be spending the rest of eternity on.

Which brings up this question: if me and Aitami get into a relationship, what happens when I inevitably outlive her?

I live forever, so I'll never be able to join her in the afterlife, I'd be stuck roaming this world, alone.

I pushed away the thought, I've already done that, and I won't do it again. I have to find a way to make her immortal or to make me mortal.

So when I got to the library, I immediately went to the section of books on magic, to start looking, then history, lore, myth, and even in a few fairy tales.

I spent hours upon hours researching, and all I could find was one book, with one reference to a spell, that's said to make the gods fall.

I decided to stop there, at least for now, because my eyes are sore, my head hurts and I'm so tired I could fall asleep standing up.

"Ugh. . . . Why does the world hate me?" I asked myself, "e-excuse me s-sir are you okay?" It was a female employee or whatever they call them in this world.

"Yeah, I'm fine," I answered, "just frustrated. Oh, and don't be afraid I don't bite," she seemed to ease up a little bit, but was still nervous, "okay, just tell me if you need anything," she said politely, "alright, I will."

I left the library and realized it was nearly sundown, so I headed back to the inn hoping to make it there before it got too dark, but I bumped into Aitami shortly after leaving.

"Oh, hi Suragi . . . . .are you ok?" she greeted, "yeah I'm fine, just tired," I replied, "ok, well let's head back to the inn," that we turned to head off.

After a while, I thought I had heard something behind us so I turned around, but there was nothing there, so I turned back around to see that Aitami had disappeared, "Aitami! Aitami!!!" I called out, no answer, "Aitami!!!!" I called out again, no answer.

I looked down for any footprints or something, and found a note, it read the following:

We need to talk, I will be waiting at Echidna Mountain, and do not worry about the monsters.

Assuming whoever wrote this kidnapped Aitami, I'll have to be careful, I've watched too much anime to not know when someone's using someone as leverage.

So I pulled out the mystic map and located Mt. Echidna and began the long walk there.

I had plenty of time, during the walk, and there's still a long way ahead, so I started fiddling around with the [SPELL CREATER] and I'm proud of the spells that came out.

_______________________________________

[WARP GATE] You do not have to chant to activate this spell for shorter distances. This spell creates a ring that can transport matter to nearly anywhere the user chooses via another ring, it's size varies depending on how much Mana you put into it.

[SHURIKEN] This spell creates a shuriken that can change elements based on the user's desire. Its size depends on how much Mana you put in it.

[PLASMA CANNON] This spell creates a beam of plasma. The power increases with the amount of Mana put in.
_______________________________________

After a few more hours of walking, I finally made it to Mt. Echidna.

There were several high-ranking monsters perched on rocks, some low cliffs, and even right next to me.

But all they did was stare, as if sizing me for a fight, yet none of them dared make a move.

I walked slowly and silently forward towards a cave, as it was the only clear way to go.

I walked for a few minutes through the dark tunnel and finally came to a large semi-sphere with a short black tree bearing no leaves in the middle.

Then there was an ominous whisper just barely understandable, "The demons from your history haunt you, the tree of past will help you face them." It said.

Then the tree disappeared and there was another one of me as if looking in a mirror.

It lunged at me and I threw up my arms to guard, but, there was no impact.

Instead, I open my eyes to see my old house where I lived with my mom and dad when I was 6.

So hey everyone I just want to say, sorry, for taking my diddly darn time getting out this chapter, I have no excuses, I was just procrastinating.

But I wanted to ask which you guys would prefer better for my cover:
(Note: neither of these images are mine)

This one:

Or the current one:

Or the current one:

You guys decide. Bye!