Chapter 19 Schooled

It's been about a week since Karin joined the group, and she hasn't talked about herself much. I can't say much though, I don't really talk about myself much either.

Anyway, both Aitami and Karin think it good that I go to a magic and physical school, basically this world's equivalent of college, to learn more about things like spells and how they work to improve my skills in combat and other areas of my new life.

At first, I refused to go, I didn't want to go through college again, but I knew they would just keep pestering me, so I told them I'd go.

So today is the first day of school.

yay

I headed out the door to the inn and turned right, I walked down the street aways, then turned left, left and then made a right and I was there.

Standing outside the school gates students flooding in, I was hesitant to go in because everyone else had a special uniform on.

But I shoved that to the side and walked in, not like I could wear them either, I was handed a flyer by a middle-aged man at the front of the building, saying that the placement tests were today.

It said to meet in the courtyard for roll call and then the tests, to see what I would need to focus on in my studies and training.

When I got there, everyone stood in a line, I'm guessing awaiting roll call, I then stepped in line trying as much as possible to keep my wings in as to not bump anyone.

After we all got here, our attention was directed towards a woman, sleek in build, looking to be a bit on the older side, holding a clipboard, coming out of the huge building to our left.

"Alright everyone, I'm Alex Orden, the head principal of this school," she says still looking at her clipboard, looking up from the clipboard she continues, "and you all, better be prepared to be pushed to the absolute edge of your limits."

everyone stood completely still as she called out our names, when she did they'd say something to let her know they were here, when they did she inspected each one of us with her eyes, going from right to left, she finally notices me at the far left of the line.

she stares for a moment then continues to hand out fliers to everyone, listing the schedule and a map of the campus.

"Alright, as for the placement tests we'll be starting with strength assessment," she then gestures to a row of 10 wooden beams, "you'll each start at the biggest pole, punching it once with all your might, and work your way down until you can break one."

She started with the guy one in from the right, he managed to break a 6, then she went with the girl one in from the left, right next to me, she managed a 6 as well.

Then she chose the one directly in the middle, a guy who managed a 7, after that she chose me.

I'm going to try to hold back so I only break an 8, but I don't know how much I should hold back.

So I did more of a light punch on the ten pole, rather than the full on punch like she told me to do.

"Hey, no holding back, I can tell you weren't giving it everything you've got," she said.

I sighed and turned back to the ten pole this time hitting it with all my strength, and it split straight in half.

I then walked back to my spot in the line expecting some stares, but everyone just acted like nothing happened.

Maybe I won't have to hold back after all, the next one chosen was the one on the far right.

A girl who managed an 8, and the next one, a guy who broke the nine, gave me a funny look, don't what that  was about.

The last guy only managed a 3, seems like he's gonna be a mage or healer.

After that she sent everyone off to take a break before the skill exam, it's a sparring session against the students.

Except for me, she wanted to speak with me in private, "alright, I know who you are, what you are," she said menacingly, "and I'm going to give you one chance, just know that I am watching you."

How does she know? Was the first thing to go through my head, but soon after she finished threatening me she shooed me away.

A few minutes later she came over to us, "alright people, when I call out your name step forward,"

At this point I kinda tuned everything out so I could ponder how she knew my secret, and how she thought she could take me down.

So I don't remember anything about the battles, until she called my name.

I stepped forward and then realized that all my other classmates had already sparred.

"Suragi, you will be sparring against me," Alex said.

I am so sorry for the loooooooooooong space in between chapters, I have had a huge case of writers block, and then my phone broke, and I was in the process of getting a new computer, but I finally got this done, so here ya go.

Please don't hate me.