Four

I don't think I can stay with Erick. It would just be us two. I still don't know Erick all that well and watching Erick mad gave me chills. What if we have so many issues and he kills me? Maybe I should go back to my parents or at least my sister. Maybe she'll take me in. "Come here." Erick called me, he had some sharp wire cutters in his hand and he patted the spot next to him on the couch. Zabdiel was calling someone to clean up Pancho and his people since they're lying dead in the dining room. I would have cried when I saw them getting killed but they all did horrible things to me so I didn't care. But I did get scared when Erick continued to shoot Francisco even though he was already dead. It's overkill, and Erick was so scary but now he seems more calm now.

I sat next to him and he carefully grabbed my wrist he put the wire cutters where the tracker strap was at. The coolness pressed against my skin but since the tracker was tight against my wrist, putting the wire cutters there made it more tight. He tried to snip at it but it was hurting me. I tried not to say anything until finally he actually did hurt me really bad. "Ow ow ow, okay Erick that hurts you need to stop." I put my hand over his to stop him and his eyes shot up. "Oh I'm so sorry." He said quickly and carefully pulled away.

I rubbed my wrist a little bit. It was red and it'll bruise but that's it. "He  made it really tight so it's kind of hard to take off." He explained and I nodded. "This is the only way we can take the tracker off, Juliana." Zabdiel said, "I know I know I just need a break. It hurts really bad." I whimper, they gave me ice and it numbed my wrist so Erick could do it again.

He placed the wire cutters there again, it still hurt a bit but I managed to keep myself together. Ten minutes passed and it was still connected by a little piece, "Rip it off." Erick said and I looked at him weird, "What?" I asked, "Rip it so you can be free." He gave me a soft smile, Zabdiel was there watching everything go down. He was smiling too. I nodded and I look at the tracker, I held it between my fingers.

This is freedom, I can go back to my old life but being here with Erick and Zabdiel makes me want to forget that past. I was always a perfect child, I never had a bad grade, never missed class, but I don't want to go back. I am eternally grateful for Erick and Zabdiel, if it wasn't for them it would have been worse, more girls could have died. I feel obligated to stay with them and repay them to show them my eternal gratitude, if they need me for anything I'll be there to help.

Before I knew it I pulled it off and the tracker was gone. All I had was a bruise and a bad tan line. It was a little red but I was now free. I was trapped for a couple of months but I was still traumatized, I couldn't help it. One day your worrying about a school project the next day you worry if you're going to survive the night.7

"Thank you thank you thank you so much, Erick." I tackled Erick in a hug and I couldn't stop crying. I'm pretty sure I looked really ugly but I didn't care I was finally free. "Thank you too Zabdiel." I pulled away and I embraced Zab in a hug as well. "Don't worry, everything is fine now." Zabdiel rubbed my back. "Remember if you need anything give me a call. I'm your new big brother so don't be afraid if you need help." He told me and I wiped my tears. "Thank you, I don't deserve you guys." I said, "No you deserve so much more, Juliana." Erick said and placed his hand on my cheek. "Don't cry." He said and he wiped my tears, I looked him in the eyes trying to figure him out but I can't.

Was he offering his home to me out of pity or because he truly cares? I can't tell. His eyes look more beautiful up close. And I couldn't look away, he didn't look away either. "I hate to ruin the moment but you need to go back to Havana and I'll finish this up. I don't want Juliana here anymore." Zabdiel said and we looked away from eachother. "Okay, you ready to go?" He asked, I didn't have anything with me and I was not going to wear my "work clothes" ever again, I'll ask Erick if I can borrow his clothes and then I'll buy myself some with the money I have with me. I nodded and before I knew it, Erick grabbed my hand and we were outside, he opened the door for me and I got in. He ran to the other side and we were on our way to Havana. "It's going to take us about three hours to get there." He turned to me quickly then back at the road.

"We can have a carpool karaoke." I smiled and he laughed, "I have some CD's in there." He pointed in front of me to the glove compartment. I grab a photo album looking thing with a whole bunch of CD's I skimmed through them and he had good artists. Then I read Studio session 1 on a blank CD. I got curious so I decided to put it through the radio so we can listen to it, once the music played Erick quickly shut it off. "What was that for?" I asked, "change the CD, not that one." He said, "what's wrong with that one?" I asked, "It sounds bad." He told me, "Are you in it or something?" I asked and he started quiet, "Oh my god! If you're singing then I need to listen to it." I said and unmuted the radio, he quickly muted it again, "I have an ugly voice." He said, "Shut up I love your voice, can we listen to it please?" I asked and made a puppy dog face.

We we are a red light and he stopped her looked at me and I wouldn't stop pouting. "Okay fine, only because you're cute." Be said and I blushed and looked out the window so he doesn't see my face. The music played and I've never heard this song before. It started off with the piano and it was very up beat.

(Play the song rn or click on the YouTube vid after Erick's photo 🌝)

Ayer la vi bailando por ahí
Con sus amigas en una calle de Madrid
Tan linda como en el día que la conocí
Fueron los días más felices para mí

I heard his voice and I gasped it was so cute I loved it. He didn't sound bad at all and this didn't have any auto tune. I was really impressed, he has talent. Did he leave it for drugs?

Ella es loca por ritmo latino
Se prende en la pista bailando conmigo

"YOU CAN RAP?!" I yelled excitedly and I swear he turned red. "Yeah...a little." He mumbled and I was moving my head to the beat. The song was barley like two minutes long and when it ended I played it again. "You're playing it again?" He asked, "I love it. This is going to be on repeat until we get to Havana." I told him and gave a sweet smile.

"Oh my god. That's embarrassing." He groaned, i smacked his arm. "No stop! I love your voice how many times do I have to say that?!" I scolded and he laughed. "Sing the song." I encouraged and played the song again. "Okay fine." He smiled and my heart melted.

I think I love him already.

Please like comment and share! 🌻