10. Night 2 With Aria

Yesterday sucked.

Not being with Aria. Learning the rules. I tend to forget stuff sometimes if I transition from being big to little. That's what happened. I started out little, everything was great. Then something just flipped and I had to tell Aria that we'd have to wait until I was little again. But when that happened, by the time I was little I'd forget the rules she had told me before.

Aria was frustrated. She didn't show it but I could tell. Her breathing would get a little harsher, like a silent huff. She would get up and leave the room for a minute. Or she'd just try to ignore the situation kinda and move on.

I felt so bad. I was already being a horrible little boy for her. She was going to call me annoying and clingy and kick me out!

I didn't even notice the loud sobs I heard were coming from me. Aria quickly hurried over and hugged me. "Hey, hey. It's ok. You'll get the rules down soon. Don't cry." She said as she tried to wipe my tears. They would only be replaced by new ones.

"Idontwannaannoyyoua-andthenyoukickme out!" I cried out. I kinda made it one very incoherent word but Aria seemed to understand. At least I think she did.

She kissed my head and pulled me back against her chest. She started to hum lowly before adding in lyrics.

When your feet are made of stone
You're convinced that you're all alone
Look at the stars instead of the dark
You'll find your heart shines like the sun

My sobs slowly started to turn to sniffles and whines. This song sounded familiar. I just couldn't place it.

Let's not let our anger get us lost
And the need to be right comes at way too high a cost

That's when love can build a bridge of light
That's what turns the wrongs all right
That's when you know it's worth the fight
That's when love turns nighttime into day
That's when loneliness goes away,
That's why you gotta be strong tonight
'Cause only love can build us a bridge of light

Deep breath, take it on the chin
But don't forget to let love back in

That's when love can build a bridge of light
That's what turns the wrongs all right
That's when you can't give up the fight

She didn't look at me as she sang. I was glad for that. I didn't like anyone to see me cry. Especially my mommy- especially Aria.

My eyes started to get heavy. I didn't want her to stop singing. Not yet. But my body was fighting to sleep. "We'll try again tomorrow." She whispered softly before I felt her soft lips against my nose and then my cheeks.

And that's the last thing I remember.

I woke up in a Queen sized bed, the comforter a pale blue and filled with the most warming cotton. I almost didn't want to get up. But I could hear a door open and footsteps towards me.

I kept my eyes closed. Just from habit. I felt a warm hand on my forehead before those same gentle lips kissed my head. "It's time to wake up sleepy head. It's a new day." An angel said softly.

I slowly opened my eyes and I swear I saw a halo. I rubbed my eyes to help clear my vision. Looking back at me was no other than Aria.