15. Trying to Make it Right

Aria's POV

Everything was set up perfectly. Now it was all a matter of if Ryan wanted to see it. I glanced outside. It was just starting to get dark. The sun setting. Perfect. 

I went to his door and knocked lightly. "Hey Ryan..can you come out here for a sec?" I ask. I heard a quiet shuffling before hearing the doorknob start to be twisted from the other side. 

"Yes?" I could hear a slight hesitation in his voice. Like he wanted to say more but wasn't sure if he could.

"I was just wondering if you would like to watch a movie with me?" I asked as he gave a short nod. "Great. But, you're going to need to put on your pajamas first."

He looked slightly confused but closed the door. I assumed he was changing into his pajamas so I went to the kitchen to grab the picnic baskets I filled with most of Ryan's favorite snacks. 

By the time I had that, he came out wearing his favorite footie pajamas. I couldn't help but to kinda stare at him. He was too cute. 

He blushed and looked down, pushing the carpet around with his big toe. "These are the only pajamas that I want to wear but, I can change if you want me to." He mumbled shyly. It reminded me so much of the first few encounters I had with him. 

I shook my head no. "No, no. It's ok. Are you ready?" 

He didn't say anything but walked over to the couch. "Ah, not in the living room Ryan. Follow me."

I grabbed a blanket and lay it over my arm before leading him outside. I ignore his constant questioning of where we were going until we actually got outside. I could see his eyes light up as he saw the fairy lights streaming up the trunk of a tree and being draped to another, just for it to go down that one too. Under rested one a few other blankets with candles around. 

"What's all this for?" he asked softly.

I move over to the blanket and set the picnic basket down on the grass. "I haven't been the best mommy-"

"But-"

"Ah, let me finish. I haven't been the best mommy. And that's not at all what a sweet boy like you deserves. I want you to know that I love you. In the short time that we've known each other, I'm the happiest I've been in years." I walk over to him and slowly opened my arms for a hug. He wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me in tight. 

This is what home felt like.

"I never want to make you cry. Never want to see you upset. Never want you to experience any feelings other than happiness. I want to make you smile so much that your cheeks start to hurt from the simple idea of smiling more. I want to spoil you to pieces and kiss all the pain that you've ever felt away. I want you to know how much I love and care for you."

I heard a little sniffle and looked down. His body was shaking with his tears. I tilted his head up and wiped all his tears away. "And I will never consider you anything but my little. You understand?"

He smiled a little bit and nodded his head. "Thank you mommy." He croaked out softly. I rubbed his cheeks once again. "You don't have to thank me."

After hugging him for a while longer, we finally went over to the blankets and laid down, tangling ourselves together in the way lovers do when they're cuddling. For the rest of the night, we ate snacks and watched Disney movies until Ryan started to fall asleep.

I managed to get him back inside along with a few other things I could carry. I got him settled into bed and then went outside again to get the rest of the things. 

Once I came back inside, Ryan was sitting up on the bed. I turned out the lights and sat down next to him. "Why aren't you asleep?" I asked as I gently made him lay down.

He pulled me to lay down with him. "Because I'm supposed to sleep with my mommy." He said as he nuzzled into my chest. I smiled and rubbed his back. "Well I'm here now."

"And don't you ever leave." he mumbled before finally letting himself fall asleep.

I smiled more as I rubbed his back and kissed his forehead. "I won't baby boy."

I wont't.

______

Hey guys! I love this chapter so much! Just a heartwarming make up is the best thing ever in my opinion. I really hope that you all enjoyed reading it as much as I did writing it. 

The question of this chapter is: What's one underrated thing you find attractive in your love interest?

Mine is a love of animals and or kids. I don't know what it is but, if I find out someone loves animals as much as I do, they instantly get love points. Especially if it's things like reptiles and not just cute fluffy puppies (I have a bearded dragon). Also I have a big family. So a love for kids is kinda a must! 

Love you all! Stay safe!

XOXO