[Prolouge 1] Gone

The cerulean glow of the Sheikah Slate lit her face as Princess Zelda paced back and forth in her room. It was late, the sky dark but littered with twinkling stars, the moon, a silver disk hanging in the sky, flooding the kingdom of Hyrule in its soft glow on the night of it's crown princess's 13th birthday.

It's just fascinating... how fortunate I am that I can keep this wonderful piece of ancient technology. In fact, it is the latest development! Perhaps Father decided that I would be allowed something other than my training... perhaps it is my birthday gift from him- a brief respite from it all. There could be so much it could do! If only I had the time to decipher it...

In a sudden puff of reddish smoke, the Sheikah Slate's blue light faded. The princess dropped it in surprise and warily stepped back. She watched as the Sheikah Slate slowly lit up again, but with a red glow instead of blue.

Danger! Every fibre of her being screamed at her to get away from it. She could feel it in her soul. Danger! The crimson was familiar somehow, but not in a good way. Tiny wisps of a dark red substance surrounded the Sheikah Slate. Danger! She ignored all the warnings. The princess picked up the slate and squinted at the screen.

What's wrong with it? Did I somehow damage it? No... this can't be happening. It was the best thing that had come into my life for a long time and I broke it. Why can't I just do something ri—

Tendrils of the dark crimson substance burst forth from the Sheikah Slate. They coiled around her body and in a flash, she was gone. Only the stillness of the night and the silence of the ever-watching stars remained. The princess of Hyrule had vanished without a trace.