20. Amalie

Over Eighteen months I've been working with them now, and I still cannot believe these two can drive me so nuts, they had done the talk at the university on behalf of the charity, talking about their sport and their plans for the Olympics, then they go and... I shake my head and glare at them with my hands on my hips.
But I'm having to bite the inside of my cheek to stop myself from letting the grin out.

"How could you, that was incredibly childish" I tell them and they grin at me sheepishly.
"We're sorry Ama, we just couldn't resist, you know how pompous the old bag was being, when she talked down to you like that, I couldn't help it" Rome pleaded, pouting at me.
My heart raced at his words, he did it for me.
"I... I, oh for gods sake, stop looking at me like that" I hiss at them and finally allow the grin free, just as the door opens and the rest of their family come in.

Lucy came over and pulled me into a hug, chattering away as I updated her on the talk, leaving out the part where the boys left the vice chancellor locked in the store cupboard and had thrown the key out the window.

I grab my bag and get ready to leave as it's a family celebration but Lucy shakes her head "They've set a place for you, stay and join us, you're already part of the family" she tells me and the boys put a glass of champagne in my hand before I can decline.
We all watch as a toast is called and the twins older brothers Hunter and Maxwell drop to one knee and propose to their girlfriend Lily, who is Lucy and Paul's daughter, the cheers and excitement of the family around me, infecting me with happiness as I laugh at the proposal with my twins.

I had learnt a lot about their family in the last eighteen months and whilst it was not quite as crazy as mine, it was far from normal.  The first three months I had spent three days a week with them, fighting to get them into shape, their personal trainer Jack had been a little standoffish at first,  till he saw the results I was getting and declared he wasn't needed anymore, my way was better, and had moaned at how well the boys behaved for me.  I grinned as I thought of them, they were 18 months older than me but sometimes it was like having toddlers to manage, they easily found and embraced trouble.

After those first months, I had switched to working on the charity with Teddy and training with the boys the rest of the time, moving into Kingswood and now going home for my days off, usually with one of my brothers picking me up and returning me.  I had a car but they had guilted me into travelling with them.  And for events within the country one of the twins always drove, I had once but they had cursed and moaned the whole way and told me never again.

I had considered university but it wouldn't help me any more that my current work would in my career of choice, so I had stayed at the boys sides.

The new training regime had made them fitter and stronger and they had qualified this year for the Olympic team, so their schedule and mine was hectic, and throw in events like today and the world felt like it had gone mad.

I sat happily between the twins as Lily and their brothers made their escape, to catcalls from various family members, Logan and Paris being the worse culprits and even I blushed at some of the things they said, then the group started to pack up.

"Come home with us?" Rio asked softly holding my hand and I looked between him and Rome seeing the interest in both their eyes that had been building for a while now.

"I shouldn't" I whisper and Rio squeezes my hand.

"We can watch a film and chill out, we all have a day off tomorrow, lets do something fun, together" Rome persuades taking my other hand.

"Please Ama" Rio pouts and I shake my head at him.

"No, not the face, come on, that's not fair" I plead but I am grinning at him now and they know I will say yes.