18. Paul

I shake open the Sunday newspaper and stop at the small headline on the front page.
'Prominent Trainer and Sportsmen attacked and left outside Police Station' full story page 8.

I quickly turned to page eight, a sense of foreboding bringing Amalie to my mind, and as I read, I understand why. The Masters family had dealt out their own brand of justice to those involved with Amalie's attack.  I read the outline of what had happened to them and wince, but when I saw the picture and realised who they were I called for Lucy.

"Read this" I say thrusting the paper at her.
I see her scan the story and the realisation come over her. "Good" is the only thing she says, before passing the paper back to me.

"Did you recognise them, who it was?" I asked her and she nodded.
"Yes, but I don't care, they got what they deserved and I have no doubt at all, the family has enough evidence on them for all of them to be admitting their sins to the police, I should think that why they were left there" she replies.

I shudder as I think of the injuries, according to the paper each victim had been tattooed with what they were being accused of and the two sportsmen had had the end of their penis removed, there was speculation but also a firmer finger of blame, as the paper reported they had received evidence showing the mens crimes.

"Should we call them?" I ask but Lucy shakes her head. 
"They will be dropping off Amalie tonight, I'm sure they will update us then"

"Remind me never to piss any of them off" I say nervously and she laughs and tells me not to be stupid, before disappearing into the house, muttering something about Lily and her twins.

I groan, thinking of my daughter and the relationship she has with the oldest Kingswood twins, which was happening much earlier than I would have liked, but giving both Lucy and Teddy a million and one ideas, then I remembered the promise we made to the younger twins.

"Lucy" I shouted "Lucy what are we doing about Rio and Rome?" I ask when I find her.

"We can talk to Amalie tonight but its her decision, it won't do the boys any harm to wait or to hear No, if she doesn't want the role" she said and I groan.  Of all of Teddy's boys these were the most challenging.  I loved them but they drove me nuts.

XX
It was late evening before Amalie returned, her parents all with her, sending her off to bed before they updated us on Amalie's attackers.

"I saw a piece in the paper today" I told Knox and he nods.
"We gave Ama, the choice and she wanted us to deal with it, she was concerned they had done it before and she was right, we found out quite a lot of activities that had been covered up, but he had kept records of each time they did something that he dealt with.  They all gave a full statement of their wrongdoings and the police are dealing with them now, we have managed to keep Amalie's name out of it" he explained and I sat back relieved.

"How is she about it?' Lucy asks softly.
"She healing, I can see her fight returning and when the twins visited last week, she allowed them to hug her without any panic" August said and I looked at her.

"What twins?" I queried.
"The Kingswood boys, they came to see Ama and persuade her to work with them" August tells me, and I hear the men huff, they obviously were not aware of the hug.

"How?" Lucy asked scowling and I laughed at her.
"Hell, you have to give them points for trying" I laugh, "what did she tell them?" I asked August.

"She wants to say yes, I think, she's going to talk to you about it first.  She put the boys through a training session with her and Noah before lecturing them on responsibilities and training and they promised to behave" August laughed.

Kade adding "Noah had a word with them too, I hate to say it but she comes to life around them, they challenge her"

I exchange a look with Lucy, we had promised the boys it would be Amalie's choice and she nodded back at me.
Tomorrow we would go through Amalie's options with her and make sure she was ready and then we would all keep everything crossed they didn't screw it up again.