Chapter 2: Ice-cream talks

*Taybah*

Reaching Milky Lane, we get out and enter the store. After collecting our ice-creams, we sit at a secluded table all the way in the corner of the cozy shop.  The moment we sit, I'm bombarded with questions as to why I'm upset.

"What did Zaydaan do this time?" Taahir asks already knowing the way I act when it comes to my former best friend.

"It's not what he did this time. I spilled my Coke on him outside Sweets from Heaven and I don't think he knew it was me and it was just awkward and weird and..." I start to spiral my words and my brothers just share a knowing look.

"What?" I ask.

"Are you upset because he didn't know who you were or because of something else?" Faeez questions mischievously.

"What the hell are you insinuating, Fae?" I ask, quite pissed off with him.

"Do you maybe, I said MAYBE like Zaydaan?" Yaasin asks.

"No! Why would you think of something as absurd as that?" I exclaim rhetorically.                 

"I'm just checking." Yaasin says.

"Great!" I say.

"Well, then what is it?" Taahir asks.

"I don't know. Maybe it's all this marriage nonsense mum's putting into my head." I say.

"If that's all that it is then I don't think you have anything to worry about later at the braai." Faeez smirks.

"I told you that I'm not coming with. I don't want to see him. Nothing you say will change my mind." I argue.

They leave me alone for a while. It doesn't last very long because the moment we get back to the hotel they annoy the shit out of me.

They even go as far as bribing Yaasin's 4-year-old son in order to get me downstairs. I hate to admit this, but it worked.

"See, I knew Azhar would get you to come down." Faeez says.

"I know you bribed him." I say in a bored tone.

"It worked though, didn't it?" Faeez smirks. I roll my eyes and he chuckles.

"Where's mum and dad?" I ask.

"They went down already." Taahir says, shrugging a jacket onto his body.

"Cool!" I mutter and we leave for the braai.

---------------------------------

HEY EVERYONE!!

THANK YOU FOR BEING SO PATIENT!!

LOVE YOU ALL, ADDY <3