Chapter 4: Is it too late now to say sorry?

*Zaydaan's P.O.V*

Hurt. Regret.
That's all I feel. Why was I so harsh with Taybah? All my life, even after i messed up with her, she was still there for me. And now, I lost her. She hates me.
Why was I so stupid to push her away?
After getting back from Krispy Kremes, Zain, my younger brother and I decided to watch a movie together. Bro- bonding time.
"What are we watching?" I ask, getting my laptop out. I open Netflix and look through the action movies.

"What about Fast and Furious?" I ask.
"Sure. Before that, what's up with you and Taybah?" He questions.
"I don't know, man." I say.
"Dude, if you want a chance, it's now or never, Zayd. All this marriage stuff is serious. You and I both know that she could get any guy she wants." Zain says. I know what he's saying is correct.
Yes, I like Taybah.
No, she clearly doesn't know and she doesn't want anything to do with me either.
"How do you expect me to do this? Do you want me to go up to her father and say, 'oh I like Taybah. Can I marry her?' "I ask. Zain gives me a WTF look.
"Idiot! Earn her trust back. If you really love her, you'll do whatever it takes to keep her and make her happy." He says. He's right. My 15 year old brother is wiser than me.
Who knew?
"Thanks wise oak." I tease with a smirk. He shoves me before laughing and puts the movie on.

-----------------------------

The next morning, I'm stuck babysitting my nieces and nephew.
"Mamaaaaaaa, me go pway. Pweez." My 3 year old niece, Inayah whines.

I love kids, don't get me wrong. But, I know that Taybah's probably down at the kiddies area with her nephews and i can't face her after last night.
Inayah pouts and tears start to form in her big, innocent eyes and I give in.
Poutings a weakness... don't judge.

I carry Inayah, get my nephew, Uwais and my other niece, Juwairiyah and we go down.

I swipe my card to enter the kiddies area and see Taybah on a bean bag with her laptop on her lap and headphones on her ears. I let the kids run free knowing they can't leave the area without me and make my way to Taybah.
She sees me approaching and ignore me completely. Ouch!
I poke her side, making her squirm.
"Still ticklish, I see." I tease.
"Still annoying, I see." She retorts.
"Taybah, I'm sorry. I'm really sorry. For all I've done. What can I do to make it up to you?" I say, almost pleadingly.
"You can leave me alone, Zaydaan." She says, and I felt a stab in my chest.
"Fine. I'll leave you alone!" I say and storm out.
-------------------
Half an hour later, I've cooled down and regret leaving. I really shouldn't have and I know it was wrong to snap. Going back to the kiddies area, I find Taybah on the same bean bag I left her at with a sleeping Inayah on her lap. When she sees me, she stands up, hands me Inayah wordlessly, gets Azhar and Uzair, her nephews and leaves. All without saying a thing to me.
At this point, I don't even know whose fault it is.
I know I'm partially to blame, but is it fair that everytime I try to get back in her life, she pushes me away?
*ring*
-Zain-
"Assalaamualaikum bro." He greets, cheerfully. Too cheerfully.
"Wa alaikum salaam, Zayn. What's up?" I reply.
"Dad said that you must get Taybah and all the kids and meet us at Rocomamas." There we go. That's why he was happy.
"Aghh! Okay. What time?" I ask. Why now? Taybah hates me. I know she does.
"Zayd, what happened?" Zain knows me well. Of course he would know something happened.
"I'll tell you later. Time?" I say.
"Okay. In about half an hour." He says.
"Yeah okay. Salaam." I say and end the call.
Getting the other two kids, we make our way back upstairs and freshen up.
I send Taybah a text letting her know that she should meet me in the lobby at 1:30 and get the kids ready.
I change my clothes into blue denim jeans with a grey Armani t-shirt and grab my black leather jacket. I pair it with white sneakers and then make sure the kids are decent. Inayah is still asleep so I get a spare set of clothes just in case and take the kids down.
When we get down, we see Taybah there already. She looks gorgeous in her navy and white jumpsuit. She's wearing a navy hijab and white converse sneakers. Damn!!!! I swear I look like the heart-eyes emoji.
"Can we get going please?" She asks. At least she was polite.
"Yep." I reply. She takes Inayah from my hands and carries her to the car. She places Inayah in the car seat which is always there because of her and gets into the front. All the other kids get in excitedly because, why not? They're kids and kids deserve to be happy.
The ride to Rocomamas is silent except for the animated chatter from the kids.
I hope I sort things with Taybah out. I'd honestly hate to lose her.

-------------------------
Assalaamualaikum guys.
What is going on everywhere? How are you all?
Missed me?
I know I missed all you awesome readers. ❤
And I'm really sorry for the late update.
Life's just been super hectic.
Eid is on Sunday. You guys excited?? I know I am.

Assalaamualaikum- peace be upon you
Wa alaikum salaam- and peace be upon you as well
Mama- mothers brother
Hijab- head scarf
Where's all my hijabis at???

This chapter was long awaited.
I want feedback on Zaydaan's point of view. I'd love it if I got feedback.

I had fun writing this chapter. I hope you guys like it.

Don't be silent guys.
Comment
Share
And don't forget to make that star orange.

I love you all sooo much❤
Thank you guys a bunch for reading my book. The next chapter should be up soon, InshaAllah Aameen.
Please remember me in your duas.