INTRODUCTION

The recreation room was quiet.

Save for the quiet squeaking of the mice as they did Allura's hair.

The flipping of pages as Allura read.

The scratching noises of a pencil on paper as Keith drew Lance's figure.

The rapid buttons being pressed as Lance beat level after level on a game.

The faint humming Hunk let out as he listened to music on his device.

The swishes and quiet bustling as Coran moved around the room to clean.

And the quiet typing from the green paladins laptop as Shiro responded to their allies.

But other than that, it was quieter than it normally would be on a normal day. No action, no playing around, no training, they were at peace, just comfortable to be around each other.

However, peace is always interrupted.

The quietness came to a stop when the doors were violently slammed open, bouncing off the walls as they hit them on both sides.

Each of the Voltron members in the room had physically jumped up from where they were. Pidge was grinning and looked up, glasses shining and a look of success written all over her face.

Lance lost his battle and groaned. "Pidge! I was on a winning streak! And what the heck? I literally had a heart attack just now!" Hunk was also sitting up now, evening out his breathing and unplugging his earbuds. "Pidge, why do you have that look on your face?"

The youngest grinned even more if possible.

"What look?"

Everyone inwardly groaned. She had used that innocent voice that read destruction.

Shiro stood up along with everyone else who was sitting down. "Pidge... what did you do this time-"

"I am so glad you asked! Everyone follow me!" She raced out of the room. "Last one to the lab is a rotten egg!" As soon as he heard it too, Lance had bolted after her, Coran smiling and doing the same.

Allura let the mice finish braiding her hair before standing and placing each of them on her shoulders. Hunk was next to walk out with Shiro beside him. Then Allura and Keith followed after.

Once they all flooded into the room where Pidge often hung around in, a large machine could be seen. It resembled a time machine. That's what Lance thought as soom as his eyes landed on the thing. Shiro took in the large metal cage-like object and opened his mouth to question it only to shut it immediately after, not even wanting to know what Pidge had conjured up this time.

Since nobody spoke, Keith sighed in defeat. "What are we looking at, Pidge?"

"Well, if you must know, this is how we get to different realities. And get this?" She threw a small chain to each of the members of Voltron.

Hunk almost dropped it, but ultimately caught the chain. Keith on the other hand had caught it with a single hand, immediately examining it. The next one landed in both Allura's hands and she stared at it in question, the same for Shiro and Coran. Lance had stumbled to get his, but caught it nonetheless.

The smallest paladin held up her own. "These open and close the portals."

Allura was first to process the information. "You made a machine that we can willingly open and close to get to other realities?"

"Exactly! Think of how much we can learn!"

There were a lot of pro's and cons to this. Shiro looked at her. "Can anyone on the other side come into our reality?"