CHAPTER THIRTY-NINE

If I thought two weeks before the annual Christmas party was chaotic, then I was not ready for three days before it. As Damien's PA, I should've been in the midst of the chaos as I ordered the suit of what company he would be advertising and making sure his speech was edited and the annual presentation was done. But here I was in Damien office, on his sofa as my head was in his lap while we ate Chinese takeaway. 

"You isn't it kinda ironic how the head of this whole building is here with his feet up and eating food with his girlfriend," I comment, before stuffing my face with chow mein.

Damien shrugs with a smirk, "Oh well. I'd much rather be here," he meets eyes with me and a dreamy smile takes over my face.

A comfortable silence passes between us as I continue to munch on my delicious chow mein and Damien comfortingly rakes his hand through my hair.

"I forgot to ask but how did that dinner with Avery go a few days ago? You two seem to be getting on," he glances at me with surprise and I mock a hurt expression.

"Why do you seem so surprised?" he shrugs, a knowing look on his face, "Well yes maybe I did slightly dislike her in the beginning, but after the dinner, I'm slightly realising maybe she is no harm to our relationship."

Damien widens his eyes and mouth dramatically, placing a hand over his heart, "Is Isla Rose Accardo admitting I'm right?" I roll my eyes before lifting the box of chow mein to his mouth.

"Maybe I'll be able to shut you up if your mouth is stuffed with food," Damien gives me a wide grin before shakes his head, "What? You don't want to eat?" I frown, pulling the box down.

"I'm not hungry," he replies absentmindedly, curling strands of hair around his fingers. My frown deepens and I sit up from his lap.

"What's up Damien? You always want to eat. Especially if it's my food," I point out, setting the food beside me, "Are you feeling stressed?"

After a moment of me just staring at him he nods, letting out a breath of air, "It's going to be the tenth anniversary of me owning this business, and I'm just stressed out because I want it to be good."

Realisation dawned on me.

"For you dad," I say quietly and he hums in agreement.

"Yeah," he sighs, "I-I don't want to let him down, so I really want to make sure everything's perfect but...It fucking won't be. Because it's me," Damien turns to me with a frown, disappointment held in his eyes.

I inch closer towards him and hold his hand tightly, "Damien I'm sure your father will be proud regardless if the dinner party goes to plan or not. For you to hold this company in high demand for ten years if enough for him to be proud of you and love you very much. The state of the one night will not change his opinion. Not one bit. He loves you, Damien."

And I love you.

Damien stares at me with affection, something in his eyes telling me he wanted to say something but held back. I bring my hand to his face, pulling him closer and placing a delicate kiss on him. I pull away before he crashes his lips to mine, pushing me into the comfort of the sofa.

I widen my eyes in surprise before matching his intensity of the kiss and returning to his rhythm. He hovers his body over me as my arms snakes around his neck and his hands graze my bare hip, lifting my shirt slightly. The kiss was hard and passionate, making me curl my toes in anticipation, and pull on Damien's hair softly. He growls softly into my mouth before pulling back with kiss bitten lips.

"What was that for?" I ask, licking my swollen lips. Damien's eyes follow my actions before glancing up to my eyes.

"I just...Thank you," he kisses me again, "I really don't deserve you," he admits before nuzzling his head in my neck.