CHAPTER FORTY-FOUR

don't hate me please, and sorry for the short chapter yall

...

The severe pounding of my head was my alarm for when I woke up

The severe pounding of my head was my alarm for when I woke up. I moaned loudly, flipping onto my stomach and stuffing my face into the plush pillow. I inhale deeply, the scent of a musky aftershave and cologne filling my lungs.

Wait.

My eyes open rapidly, noticing that I wasn't laying in my room but instead someone else's. I lift myself off of the bed and observe the bedroom, the colour from my face draining.

"Fuck," I mutter, grabbing my phone and purse from the bedside table, "What the fuck is wrong with you Isla," I groan as I search for my shoes. After five minutes, I still couldn't find them so I accepted the fate I would never find them and made a beeline for the door.

"Your shoes are on the rack if you were looking for them."

I should've left when I had the chance.

My blood runs cold as I hear his voice and I almost decide to run away. I feel him come closer until I decide to turn around and face him. He had a towel around his neck while his sweatpants hung long on his hips, accentuating the deep V-line and his defined abdomen muscles on his stomach. My cheeks flush as I remind myself about what had happened the last time I had been here.

"I...I should be leaving." I whisper, looking down at my feet. I take a step back and his hand instantly wraps around my wrist. 

"We can't keep running away from this Isla. Especially with what happened last night," his thumb moves gently against my wrist, causing goosebumps to rise up my arm, "You passed out after..uh..kissed, so I took you here."

I couldn't bring myself to tear my hand away from him or even reply so I just nodded my head in hopes it was enough. He pulls me closer to him, his hand cupping my jaw lightly as his other hand holds my waist, "Did you hear what I said to you before you passed out?" he mumbles, gaze dropping to mine. I nod quickly, my mouth feeling dry from being this close to him.

"I meant it Isla, I really did. And even after all the shit that happened, I want you so fucking bad," he confesses, causing my emotions to stir. I lick my lips hesitantly and sigh.

"I don't know anymore."

Damien's eyes held disappointment and he dropped his hands away from my body as he steps back. He stays silent as he gestures towards the shoe rack where my heels were. I quickly slip them off and turn to the door.

"Are you resigning?"

I didn't even know the answer to his question. It had been pondering on my mind for a while and me resigning could mean one of two things. Either I was resigning because I wanted to continue things with him or because it was the end of the road.

I reach for the doorknob, my answer still in the air and feelings still running heavy.

"I'll see you at your office later today."