Plucky Pennywhistle's Magical Menagerie Part 1

Thalia ran away from a hooded man. She was covered in dirt from head to toe. She was out of breath and limping. That was her downfall. The hooded man had caught up to her. Thalia screamed as he grabbed her.

60:00:00 earlier.

Sam and Thalia are leaning against a Jeep. Sam is reading a newspaper while Thalia messes with her nails.

The phone in a nearby phone booth rings. Dean answers the phone and Thalia moves beside him so she can hear, which is a bust since Deans shoulders are too wide.

"Hello? I am the eggman."

Sam smiles briefly, Dean rolls his eyes, and Thalia lets out a sigh.

"Seriously, Frank, pay phones? I mean, come on. I – I'm getting the clap off this thing just touching it." Dean says, disgusted.

"Fred Savage? Really?"

"Yeah, no, I know, big mouths are everywhere."

"Uh, well, since you asked, some actual intel on the Dick Roman guy would be nice."

"Fine. All right."

"Yeah, good looking out."

The phone clicks as Frank apparently ends the call. Dean hangs the phone up, scowls at his hand and walks over to Sam, Thalia following.

"I hope he finds something quick. This whole protocol du jour thing's really creeping my cheese."

"So, we got Dick on Dick?" Sam and Thalia say together, high-fiving after they did so.

Dean looked at them sideways.

"That's a vivid way of putting it. You find anything on Wonder Woman?"

"No. And there probably won't be. They are definitely gone. But..."

Sam holds up the Wichita Sun. The headline reads "Peculiar death baffles authorities."

"...I might have found something over in Kansas."

"All right, well, let's do it. But, uh, a few simple rules, okay? No babies." Dean says.

Sam smiles as Thalia.

"In fact, no baby mamas. No bars. No booze – no hot chicks of any kind. Except Thalia."

Thalia smirked and winked at Dean..

"Wait, wait, wait. Did you just say –" Sam started.

"Hey. You spawn a monster baby, see how quick you want to dive back in the pool.Deans being smart, for once." Thalia cuts him off as she starts to walk to the car they were currently using.

"Hey!" Dean exclaims as the boys follow her.

INT. MORGUE – DAY

A Doctor pulls back a sheet from the body of a middle-aged man. The body is covered in circular raised sores of various sizes that appear to have been made by tentacles. Dean, Thalia, and Sam are wearing their FBI suits.

"Ohh. Those are not the fun kind of hickeys." Dean says. Thalia hums in agreement.

"You're – you're saying an octopus did this?" Sam asked.

"Not just any octopus. Based on welt diameter, Enteroctopus dofleini." The doctor answered.

"And for those of us who skipped the enteroctopus class?" Thalia asked, eyebrows raised.

"Giant Pacific octopus."

"How giant we talking, Doc?" Dean asked.

"Approximately 30 feet."

Sam laughs briefly. The others turn to look at him.

"I mean, aren't... giant octopi rare around here?"

"Yet here we are." the doctor said.

Thalia quickly hid her snort at the doctors tone towards the tall man next to her.

"All right, so what happens? Guy comes home, cracks a beer, and gets... suckered to death?" Dean questions.

"Obviously, this was some kind of freak fetish attack. Someone created those hickey marks, then bled the man out."

The Doctor turns the dead mans head to expose a wound on the side of his throat.

"Damn, thats rough man." Thalia mutters to herself, but Dean hears her and shakes his head as they go to leave.

The three of them walk through the hallway towards the exit.

"That bite look a little vamp-y to you?" Dean asks them.

"Yeah.-"

"-No question."

Dean sends the two of them a look full of annoyance as Sam finished Thalias sentence like they used to when they were kids. He quickly got back on topic.

"So what are we looking for? An octovamp? A vamptopus?"

"That's crazy even for us, right?" Sam stated.

"I don't know Sam, Deans pretty creepy when he wakes up in the morning after drinking all night." Thalia said cheerfully as she patted Dean on the shoulder.

Sam laughed as Dean shrugged Thalia's hand off, muttering a 'don't touch me' as he did.

"It does push the envelope. Let's go chat up the widow."

INT. WIDOWS HOUSE – DAY

"We're very sorry for your loss, ma'am." Thalia expressed her condolences to the grieving woman.

"Mrs. Harper, we know this is, uh, bad timing. But we just have a few routine questions that we need to ask you – is that okay?"  Dean asks.

The Four of them are seated around a coffee table. Mrs. Harper is using a Kleenex to wipe away her stray tears. Sam and Dean have cups of coffee, while Thalia politely refused any refreshment.

"Yeah."  Mrs. Harper said quietly.

"Did the house feel any different lately?"  Sam asked

"Different...?"

"Anything strange. Cold spots maybe?" Thalia specified.

"Uh, did you smell anything weird? Maybe sulfury?"  Dean questioned.

"No. Not that I can remember."  said Mrs. Harper.

"Okay, we're just ticking all the boxes here. Um, what about any skeletons in your husband's closet?"  Thalia carefully asked the widow.

"Skeletons? What do you mean?"

Thalia didn't want to insinuate that her husband could have been doing something (or someone) that could have had him killed. Luckily , Dean came to her rescue.

"Can you think of anybody who would want to do him harm? A colleague, an old flame?"

"The tiniest detail could really help."  Sam says quietly.

"You want to know what he was up to lately? Ask Stacey. She was here the night he died."  Mrs. Harper said bitterly.

Thalia scratched behind her ear as the mood around them became tense.

"Um... Stacey?"  Sam asked, feeling awkward.

"Our nanny. Any other questions?"

"No, that's... Thank you. You've been a big help." Dean says as the three of them get up to leave

"Really appreciate the hospitality, ma'am."  Thalia says as they leave.

As they do, Thalia just so happens to look up the stairs and sees a little girl watching them. Thalia waves at the little girl, who shyly waves back. Thalia then follows the boys out with a small smile on her face.