21💞

Kaori Jade Mitchell

I come downstairs to see Alija and Mom at breakfast. Still no Dad sadly.

"Hey guys!" I say.

"Good morning sweetie!" My mom says.

"Wassup?" My brother says on his phone.

"Any news on Dad?" I ask.

"He still trying to explain hisself, but we don't wanna listen." Mom says.

"What? No. Y'all don't wanna listen. I wanna see Dad's side of the story." I say.

"Why?" Alija asks.

"Because you can't just get one person's side of the story and have an opinion on it." I say eating my cereal.

"Stop making him the victim." Mom says sternly.

"I'm not!" I yelp.

"It's just- I hate seeing us like this. I hate seeing you and you like this. Mom, you look sad, depressed, and alone. You're not as jolly as you used to be. Alija, you're not in your normal state. You're not acting like your boy self. It sucks coming down here and to see the family falling apart."

"I just want us to be happy. For you to be happy, Mom. I know Dad treats you like a queen because that's who you are. We need Dad. I need Dad." I said finally.

"Fine, but only you talk to him. And if his story is reasonable we'll invite him over for dinner." Mom says.

"Great." I say.

La'Melo Ball

"Bro, no cap Zo is the ugliest one in the family." I say.

"No, I'm not." Zo says on his phone.

"Yes, bro you're the ugliest." I say again.

"Bro, I'm a stud." Zo says.

I look over at Gelo who looks at Zo with an unsure look.

"Look at Gelo!" I say dying laughing.

"Man, y'all some haters." Zo waved me off.

As we settled down, we continued a conversation.

"What's going on with you and KJ, bruh?" Gelo asks.

"We're good. I'm just not hanging with her today. She said she was gonna hang with her homegirls." I say.

"Have you told Alija about the two of you?" Zo asks.

"Nah, but KJ told me he's already suspicious about us because she's always out and I barely hang with y'all." I say.

"I feel if you just tell Alija wassup he'll have so much respect for you. And that's a fact." Zo says.

"True. He's gonna figure out sooner or later." I say.

"Damn right he is." Gelo says.

Kaori Jade Mitchell

"Yoo, we look soo cute!" I say looking at our outfits.

Me and Kenley are at my house getting ready for the football game. Today's theme was frat boy, so we dressed up as frats.

"I look like a real og." Kenley says.

"Let's head out, hoes!" I yell.

•••

❤️1,494:💬23👤: kenleypope_Kj_Mitchh: hot girl szn 🤩

❤️1,494:💬23
👤: kenleypope_
Kj_Mitchh: hot girl szn 🤩

•••

As I come home, I see my brother in the living room.

"What's up?" I say.

"Where were you?" He asks.

I looked at him confused.

"At the football game, why?" I ask concerned.

"Should I even believe that?" AJ mumbles to himself.

"What?" I ask still confused.

"I know about you and Melo, Kaori Jade." He sighs.

"How did you find out?" I ask him.

"I put two and two together. He's been ditching hanging with the boys and then I noticed you always out." He says.

I sigh.

"I promise. I was gonna tell you. I just didn't know how." I say.

"But why? Why mess with him when I told you not to?" He asks.

"Melo, makes me happy. He makes me forget about my problems. He treats me like I'm somebody. Like I'm a queen and I've never felt that before." I tell him.

"Does he know you like him?" He ask.

"We've flirted... a lot so yeah I guess." I say.

Alija sighs.

"As long as he makes you happy, that's all that matters to me." He says.

He pulls me into a hug. We pull away.

"But I will fight him if he tries something." He says as I laugh.

"Oh and don't talk to Melo that we've talked about this. He's been practicing his big boy speech to tell you about us." I say winking at him.

"I got you."