Chapter Twelve

Calista

When the morning came, it was as dreary as the night before. Truthfully speaking, I wanted to roll over and fall back asleep, but my stomach was aching. I was starving, and if I was- so were the other two.

I rolled over, marveling at the man sound asleep beside me. His upper torso was exposed, showing his Native tribal tattoo on his right shoulder. I smiled sheepishly; I had the same on mine. Matching tattoos seemed to be a thing for my loved ones and me.

I wonder if Sebastian and I would also follow the same ritual now that he's finally home.

I sat up quicker than Wally West. Where the hell did that come from?

I looked over making sure I didn't disturb Isaac's slumber with my movements. I sighed again, climbing from my bed. Slipping on my robe and house shoes, I began shuffling my way to the kitchen to prepare breakfast.

There's no way I would ever get matching tattoos with Sebastian Garcia.

And why not? My thoughts countered. You would have gotten them had he never left.

But he did leave. Eight years ago, remember?

But he came back. And he came back for you.

Or so he says.

I rolled my eyes- my subconscious was being rather unreasonable. I grabbed the eggs, bacon, and grits. If I could prepare a meal that could hold us for hours, it'd be easier to stretch out the food- even if it was enough. I began cooking, satisfied my thoughts remained quiet.

But as the food was finishing up and I started setting the table, inner Lis began again. You still love him.

I do not. I got over Sebastian years ago.

Nu-uh. My thoughts teased. What do you think is keeping Isaac from taking your prized jewel?

Because he says he wants it to be special. It is my first time, after all.

Yeah but it's Isaac. He can make anything special. What would've been more special than an 'after home-cooked dinner night cap'?

He had to go get us food.

I stopped and stared at my rings, not utterly convinced myself. Was Isaac holding back out of fear of my feelings for Sebastian?

I shook my head and started back towards my bedroom. I had to reassure him that I was solid.

"Good morning gorgeous," I turned to see Sebastian pulling a shirt over his ripped chest.

I bit my lip and turned to hide my blood rushed face. "G-good morning, Bastian." Completely forgetting my mission, I started preparing a plate for Sebastian as he sat at the table.

"Smells good, Lis. And you made the works! To what do I owe this honor? Saving a certain someone perhaps?" He smiled and grabbed his fork, stuffing it full.

"No, silly. I do appreciate you, but even though Isaac bought enough food that should last the three of us for a week- I do need to try and make that stretch. And if nothing's changed, each of us have some pretty big appetites." I sat next down to keep him company while he ate. I would wait until after I served Isaac to eat.

"That's smart," Sebastian smiled. "Fill us up throughout the day for as long as possible then feed us to last through the night." Sebastian licked his fingers as his eyes rolled into the back of his head in delight. "God, you've definitely picked up your father's skill- this shit is delicious, Calista!" It was a simple compliment, but it came across very intimidating. I pulled my knees to my chest to hide my embarrassment.