Chapter Eighteen

Calista

"Surprise!" A large group of people popped out of various places of nowhere as Liviana, Chris, Isaac and I walked into the house.

The house was elaborately decorated with banners, streamers and balloons and an extremely large white banner painted with black letters that said, 'Happy Birthday Twins!'

"Oh!" Liviana clapped her hands excitedly, "So this is why you urged me to leave earlier, huh?"

My mother laughed lightly, "How can we plan a surprise if half of the people we want to surprise are still in the house?"

I laughed shaking my head while hugging my parents. "Y'all are too much!"

"But never enough for my two girls!" Father wrapped both of us up in a tight hug, leaving us gasping for air.

A thought crossed my mind as I turned to Chris and Isaac. "Did you all have something to do with this?"

They both offered the same sheepish smile.

"Aw you guys!" My sister and I squeaked.

Liviana and I hugged our counterparts, my father turned to the people in the house. "Well, let's get this party started then, shall we?"

The house was soon filled with loud club-like music, reminding me of Isaac's parties. Place full of good people, good music, good drinks and food everywhere.

"Shall we?" Isaac took my hand and gestured towards the cleared area I could only assume was supposed to be a dance floor.

I laughed and allowed myself to be swayed. Liviana and Chris soon joined after, closer to each other than Isaac and I were.

I would definitely have to ask about that later.

"Happy early birthday Calista!" Lana and Ray bum-rushed me out of nowhere and out of Isaac's grip with a quickness.

I coughed, slightly winded. "Hey guys. Glad you could make it!"

"Sorry Isaac, we're going to have to borrow your girl for a bit." Ray winked at a laughing Isaac who nodded in agreement before disappearing in the crowd.

"Babbbyyyy. Where the hell have you been! And what the hell have you been doing?" Lana crossed her arms quizzically.

"Sorry guys! I kind of dropped off the map for a while, you know- the storm and all."

"I see you've been busy!" Ray laughed nodding his head to the dance floor.

I bit my lip and nodded, smiling.

"So, are you all official?" Lana whispered scandalously.

I shook my head, sighing. I wasn't in the mood to offer all the details, nor was I in the mood to have this conversation. "Not necessarily."

"Huh?" Ray blinked in confusion.

"He doesn't want to push me to commitment because... well because, Sebastian is back in the picture." I rubbed my arms and stared at the ground, avoiding their eyes.

"Wait! So, you're seeing Sebastian, too?" Lana squealed in excitement.

"I wouldn't say that, but... we did go on a date." I muttered quietly.

"You went on a date with Sebastian?" Lana squeaked rather loudly before I shushed her quiet, looking around to see if anyone heard.

"Lana, chill! You're loud!"

"So, does Isaac not know?" Ray asked slowly.

I shook my head. "Not really. I mean I never told him... but it's not like I have much reason to. Right?"