Chapter Sixteen

Calista

"You going out with Sebastian tonight, huh?"

"Yes ma'am!" I smiled into my video chat with my sister. She was sitting on her bed painting her toes and I was in my vanity fixing my makeup for the night.

"I'm proud of you sister, finally getting out there."

I laughed lightly, "Yeah, yeah whatever." I sighed, finishing the wing on my right eye. "You going to Chris' house tonight?"

"Mmm, no. I decided to take a night for myself and soak. After that day with Mama, Daddy and Uncle Adrian, I need some time to recuperate." Liviana giggled, "I'm surprised you're still going out."

"Well," I began. "I have no reason not to go. Plus, it would be kind of nice-,"

"To be with someone other than Isaac?" Liviana laughed into the phone. "You all are still not talking?"

I grunted, beginning to get dressed. "No. He hasn't texted me or anything. And I'm not texting him."

"Ah, so the battle of the stubbornness has begun again." My sister laughed, "Well, we both know you're going to win. He can't stand to be away from you for too long."

I rolled my eyes, pulling my shoes on my feet. "Oh, by the way. Papa said he wants me to come to family dinner tomorrow night. Like, specifically asked. Any clue what that's about?"

"Hell nawl!" Liv groans.

"Grrreaaat." I laughed as I watched Liviana's eyes roll.

"Oh, don't be so antisocial. We never see Uncle Adrian anymore; he hardly comes to town." I turned and checked out my figure in the long mirror.

"I'm going to need to destress... you know what I just might go to Chris' house tonight." Liviana sighed, closing her eyes. "Our parents are probably in their rooms making up for lost time anyways."

"Gross, did not need that picture in my head. Thanks." I shuddered dramatically. "Speaking of which... When are you going to move out?"

"I have no clue, honestly. I don't want to be here forever, that's for certain. But I also don't want to pass up on free homecooked meals so..."

I chuckled, "You know when you get drafted, you're going to have to give all that up, right?"

"Bullshit! I'm gonna bring our parents with me. They'll be my free, hired help."

"Liviana." I fell on my bed cackling, "You can't just hog our parents."

"You right, you right. I'll leave you dad, and I'll take mom- then we can alternate weekends...?" Liviana laughed. "Yeah, no. You're right. I'm thinking about it."

Sighing, "You could always get an apartment over here with me, Liv."

My sister tilted her head, contemplating. "Only if you gonna be cooking and I can come over every night."

"I don't know about every night." I laughed and heard a knock at the front door. "Gotta go sis, Sebastian is here."

"Kay, love you"

"Love you." I hung up then rechecked my appearance in the mirror before running to open the front door.

"Hey." I smiled, at the man before me.

"Hello, beautiful." Sebastian took my hand in his and placed a soft kiss to it. "You look amazing, Calista."

I felt a blush creep to my face, "You don't look too bad yourself either,"